Complaint Review: RingByName

• Updated: Fri, May 16, 2014

• Reported By: Jared — Plattsburgh New York
RingByName
Nationwide USA

RingByName Inphonex Ring By Name Lied about poor VoIP quality, outbound calling issues, broken auto-attendant. Miami Florida

I read good things about this company from TopTenReviews. What I mistake!!! Signed up for service on 2/28 and was billed for $48.94. The "free lease" IP phone kept rebooting and call quality was horrible. For a month I worked with tech support on and off. I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt and ordered a new IP phone on 04/17/2014. Right around that time they finally admitted that it was a problem on their end and fixed the issue!

It only gets worse from the time I signed up I could not call my friend in Massena. Never had a problem calling him with any other phone service I have had. The incompetent techs blamed it on some type of "call blocking". Finally about a week before I told them to take a hike they fixed the issue.

The icing on the cake is that they never got my auto-attendant to work properly. All I wanted was people to be greeted during my business hours with a pre-recorded greeting. If after 24 seconds I did not answer the call it would get forwarded to YouMail.com which is a dropbox for voicemails. After business hours callers would hear a different message after the main greeting was played giving them the option to push 0 for emergency service and the call would be transferred to my cell. Not rocket science?

When they setup the auto-attendant it would just go into a ringback loop. The Caller ID that YouMail would capture would be my Caller ID totally messed up, No other provider that I have used would forward calls with my caller ID. What else could I expect from a company that had to make 30 test calls at all hours of the day to fix a routing issue!

Now I’m out about 100.00+ from the money I spent trying to work with this sorry excuse for a business VoIP provider. Red flags should have gone up when I noticed they only provide weekday support.

With a new business VoIP provider now which starts at $21.00\month and they have been awesome! They let you try out the service first for a whole month or 300 minutes. If anyone want more information please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2014 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RingByName/nationwide/RingByName-Inphonex-Ring-By-Name-Lied-about-poor-VoIP-quality-outbound-calling-issues-b-1147356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RingByName