Complaint Review: Ripe Bistro & Social Lounge

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Foodie81828384 — St Augustine Florida United States of America
Ripe Bistro & Social Lounge
1097 A1A Beach Blvd St Augustine, Florida United States of America

Ripe Bistro & Social Lounge Jeff Holleran ripe bistro rips off diners St Augustine, Florida

*Consumer Comment: DIRTY RESTAURANT

*Consumer Comment: The FOOD & ATMOSPHERE less than ZERO

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Here is a Picture of Jeff Holleran

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Yes you will need more than one Attorney

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Defimation of character

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Jeff stop trying to clear your NAME, everyone knows you treat people like garbage and RIP THEM OFF

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner of Ripe Bistro

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Oh I forgot something

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ripe Bistro, Jeff Holleran, ripoff

This restaurant lies to people about how wholesome there food is and that they by from locals, NOT!

I use to eat here all the time, but the more I would go in to eat the more I found I was being ripped off.

Over priced canned food, yes...... canned! You think there veggie food etc is organic lol, not even close!

This I think is the owners 3rd restaurant, the last place spy he had for only 7 months before selling it, hmm makes you think doesn't it......

I met a girl that use to work there and she told me the owner is the biggest liar she ever met, in fact he ripped off his own employee's. This girl said no one wants to work for him, that he treats people like crap and mentally abuses them.

They cook your food on "hot plates" lol and charge you more than any Restaurant in St Augustine For a steak $30 bucks for a fry pan cooked filet, just stay home and cook a steak lol.

I would from the bar the cooks in the kitchen since its out in the open touching there nose, face than touching food without washing there hand's ewwww, that was the final straw! Never again will they get my money

Diners beware... This is not the place to spend your money there are plenty of awesome places in St Augustine to Dine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2012 02:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ripe-Bistro-Social-Lounge/St-Augustine-Florida-/Ripe-Bistro-Social-Lounge-Jeff-Holleran-ripe-bistro-rips-off-diners-St-Augustine-Florid-986173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ripe Bistro & Social Lounge

DIRTY RESTAURANT

AUTHOR: Maggie - ()

• Disappointed
    DINER REVIEW • JUN 03, 2013
    There were many selections on the menu but it seemed everthing we selected they were out of. My husband asked for a Shock Top beer and was told they were out. I ordered a Raspberry Gluten Free beer that on was on the menu and was told they were out. They were out of a duck dish my husband asked for a number of gluten free dishes I asked for. We arrived at 7pm on a Saturday night and it seems unusual they would not have a number of the items listed on the menu. We both ordered the red snapper scampi. The snapper was tasty by the quinoa was cold. I asked the waiter why the quinoa would be cold and he said it is precooked and they just pour the sauce over it. It tasted as if it had just come out of the refrigerator. The could have at least heated it in a microwave for 10 seconds. Really disappointing dining experience.
  • No_photo_big
    RipOff
    DOESN'T LIKE IT
    DINER REVIEW • APR 14, 2013
    The owner writes his own positive reviews on all the sites?

Save your money and eat at a real RESTAURANT. The owner does buy the Food LOCAL, next door at PUBLIX'S. I seen the owner at the DOLLAR store next to his place purchasing WINE GLASSES, PLATES etc, KNow that you are eating on the VERY BEST THAT THE

The FOOD & ATMOSPHERE less than ZERO

AUTHOR: Advocate206 - ()

I feel so stupid for being suckered into eating at this RIP OFF JOINT!

The owner is a complete jerk to his guests!

HIS STORAGE REFRIDGERATOR IS LOCATED IN THE MENS RESTROOM, SERIOUSLY GO LOOK INSIDE THE DOOR NEXT TO THE TOILET, ISN'T THAT A HEALTH CODE VIOLATION? YUCK!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Here is a Picture of Jeff Holleran

AUTHOR: Advocate206 - (USA)

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Yes you will need more than one Attorney

AUTHOR: Ben - (United States of America)

Yes you will need more than one Attorney!!!!

1. A good TAX attorney
2. A good Employment Attorney
3. a GOOD criminal Attorney

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEE'S JEFF HOLLERAN!!!!

YOUR LIFE IS GOING TO CHANGE AND YOU WILL NEED LUCK!!!!

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Defimation of character

AUTHOR: Jeff - (United States of America)

Please come out and tell me which ex employees you are that are filing out these reports together so that I can take the necessary steps to prosecute you. I have retained my attorney and I will find out this week and you will regret your cruel intentions to sabbatoge my business. Believe me, you will regret your evil lies and pay for your actions. I have narrowed it down to who I think you are, your life is about to change. Good luck!

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Amanda - (United States of America)

Why does this Restaurant go through so many EMPLOYEES? Well it is due to the fact that the OWNER does not know how to treat people and that's a FACT!

Wanna work 40 hours and only get paid for 20 hours than this place is for you, but remember you will have to take the DE-HUMANIZING aspects of it too.

The owner steals his servers tips and refuses to give them a paycheck after they have left, uses excuses like: "I mailed it" lol!

Plus the owner gets his ROCKS off by telling your new employer that you have a bad attitude to try to get you terminated....TRUE STORY!

Jeff, ADMIT IT...YOUR A TOTAL SCUM BAD INCLUDING THE LITTLE ITALIAN MIDGET THAT KISSES YOUR A55 BUT TALKS SH...T ABOUT YOU WHEN YOUR GONE!!! OH AND EATS YOUR STEAKS AS PART OF HIS COMPENSATION, YES HE DOES, TRUE STORY AIN'T IT PAUL LOL!!

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner of Ripe Bistro

AUTHOR: Jeff - (United States of America)

This site should not allow bad, disgruntle ex-employees to write any fraudulent statement they want to, without being warranted. We have an open kitchen that is at the forefront of the restaurant for all to see and it is not in the back of the building behind closed doors trying to hide anything. Our baked goods come from local bakers, produce as much as we can from our local farmers markets and we use the best prime hormone and additive free filet mignon from the Harris Ranch. We cook on authentic 16 inch wrought iron crepe' irons that cook meat to perfection with there high even heat distribution.

We pride our self on being extra sanitary and we use the freshest ingredients available locally to keep the local economy thriving. Please take the time to research this fine establishment and see these reports are nothing shy of bogus with zero fact or warrant.

I have been a long time entrepreneur in this community and have had many successful respected businesses without any misleading "scams". Furthermore, these two friends and malicious liars I am told from my colleagues that own other places here in town have filed the same frivolous reports on there businesses after they got fired. Please research and due your due diligence to see that these people show patterns of these same claims on every place they have worked. Please contact me at Ripe Bistro at (904)-471-3177 or at Jeff.Holleran@yahoo.com to discuss any concerns you may have about this matter. Come relax , enjoy and see for yourself what is really going on. References: Romano's Bakery, S&K Farms, Watson's Produce, A Frame Hot Sauce, Fretto Prints, Mile Marker & The Green Room Breweries and Hervins Rum Cakes just to mention a few of our local suppliers.

Sincerely, Jeffrey M. Holleran

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Oh I forgot something

AUTHOR: Amanda - (United States of America)

The owner Jeff Holleran trains his servers to pour whatever in your glass of wine, for example: You order a $14.00 glass of Cabernet but you get the house Cabernet instead, that is fraud! He claims if you are busy just pour anything the customers do not know the difference. That is a CON-MAN! Stealing customers money by giving them generic, bad bad man

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ripe Bistro, Jeff Holleran, ripoff

AUTHOR: Amanda - (United States of America)

I use to work there and I have to agree this place is a total scam! The owner treats you like your stupid and always says bad things about EVERYONE THAT WORKS THERE BEHIND THERE BACKS, doe's nothing but brag about himself, what a loser!

bore