Complaint Review: Ritchie Bros

• Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By: Small Dairy — Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada
Ritchie Bros
1373 RUE BRIERE MONT SAINT HILAIRE, QC Internet United States of America

Ritchie Bros Ritchie Brothers Auctioneers Fraud-BEWARE-LIARS AND CHEATS-WONT TRY AND FIX THEIR MISTAKES_FRAUD!! Internet

*Author of original report: Fixed Thank you

I purchased a reefer truck for the Ritchie Bros Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC location on Dec05/2012.
This truck was listed as a 28ft box reefer truck, (Lot#565)
I called the auction location and asked them to please double check that it was a 28ft box on the truck, as that is the ONLY reason I bought that truck as I need a very specific box size. The lady on the phone assured me that it was a 28ft box and said that it was verified by a Ritchie bros employee, also says this on the paper work I have.

So I placed a proxy bid of $30,000.00 and it sold for exactly my max of $30,000.00

So I paid for a guy to fly down there to get the truck as it is about 12 hours away from me.
Paid for his meals ,plane tickets,hotels,fuel, etc.. took him 3 days to go get the truck and bring it back here to me in Sault Ste Marie Ontario. Soon as I received the truck I measured the box and it was a 26ft reefer box, NOT at 28ft as was listed,, and what they told me when I called Before I bid.

Been dealing with Dave, a Manager at this location , who was absolutely no help at all,, he had his boss call me ,something like Raphael,, was his name,

He told me that nothing they can do, said that I am not supposed to go by what they tell me or what they list in the print. He said I was supposed to be there my self to measure the truck box. That's bullsh*t,, why have on line bidding , why does it say in the add the length of this box was measured by a certified Ritchie bros employee, why tell me when I call to double check that yes it is a 28ft reefer box, and now all they say is , opps , sorry , we made a mistake, but there is nothing we can do.Tuff luck,,  That is unacceptable ,
I would of never bought this truck If I knew it was a 26ft box,,
I have no use for this truck as my loads will not fit on it.

I encourage no one to ever buy or sell anything with Ritchie Bros. They are scam artists.
I did everything I possibly could making sure this was the proper truck for me, even double checking the info with them.

How can anyone feel comfortable buying from such a place.

I also called this auction location and asked them about a bill of lading,, they specifically told me that they would provide one at their location and that the driver picking up the truck could pick that up at their office. Well that was also a lie,
tell me what I wanted to hear I guess to get me off the Phone? I was very specific with my 2 questions,
one asked to double check the measurement of the reefer box and the other was about the bill of lading ,, both answers given to me were lies.Those were the only questions I called that location and asked them.

I have no other option but to sue Ritchie Bros ,
I am a small business that is out close to $40k all together now,
and now have to pay a lawyer to get this mess figured out.

I was so surprised how they can take advantage of people this way, and not care at all. They are only in it for the money, don't care about the buyers or sellers, long as they get paid.

So really they say that they can say anything at all in their add description,, doesn't matter at all if thy are right or not. You could be bidding on a day cab tractor, but could be a old garbage truck,, who knows,, Ritchie bros don't care, long as you pay for it,, they don't care.
They tell me they are allowed to write anything down, and its up to the buyer to travel across the country to verify.
Unreal, still cant believe.

Have no choice but to sue, , have all my money tied up in a truck that I cant use,
have to pay lawyer fees and Ritchie Bros don't care at all.

Please pass this message on to any buyers or sellers that may use Ritchie Bros.
Save the heart ache , find another auction to use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ritchie-Bros/internet/Ritchie-Bros-Ritchie-Brothers-Auctioneers-Fraud-BEWARE-LIARS-AND-CHEATS-WONT-TRY-AND-FIX-T-985112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ritchie Bros

Fixed Thank you

AUTHOR: Small Dairy - (Canada)

I am glad to say Ritchie Bros has fixed the problem.

From: