Complaint Review: Rite Aid

• Updated: Mon, September 26, 2011

• Reported By: ChrissyA — Maryland United States of America
Rite Aid
250 w. Chase St. Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Rite Aid Absolutely disgusting, horrible customer service and unable to fill prescriptions. Baltimore, Maryland

Late in the evening on a Sunday, I took my prescription for Concerta to the only 24 hour rite aid in the immediate area. I gave it to the Pharmacist who told me it would be about 25 minutes, great, shorter than normal wait. About 40 minutes later, while waiting patiently in the store, I asked if they had an ETA and was told that there was a slight problem (that they had known about when I originally arrived) because they had their "locks redone" and did not know where the key was for the lock box. My medicine is a controlled substance, so must be locked away. The entire reason I went to Rite Aid is because this is where I frequently get it filled, so they do not need to wait days on end to verify my 'scrip every time and due to this being a weekend and a late night, it was my only choice.

So the pharmacist tells me that he's going to look for it, another 20 minutes passes, they have nothing. He tells me that they have another manager coming in at 11 PM who "might have the key." I ask if he can possibly send me to another Rite Aid with a 24 hour pharmacy and he tells me "I don't know I don't live around here." Of course at this point, I'm irritated because I spent over an hour waiting when they could have told me initially (yes, they had known this when I arrived.) So he calls around to other pharmacies, CVS, Walgreens, etc... finds one a good 20+ miles away. They can't fill it because it's not a Rite Aid.

When I voiced my concerns and disbelief that someone lost a very important key---to a box that contains a lot of medicine, for a lot of people and it's being treated like nothing. I was met with hostility and condescension. I was told that Rite Aid also had 24 hour customer service---they don't. How can someone be so careless?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2011 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rite-Aid/Baltimore-Maryland-21211/Rite-Aid-Absolutely-disgusting-horrible-customer-service-and-unable-to-fill-prescription-781509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rite Aid