Complaint Review: Rite Aid

Rite Aid
1032 Oakdale Rd. Internet United States of America

Rite Aid Item Exchange ATM scam, Internet

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: what pocketing

On August 31, 2012 I purchased a razor kit from a Rite Aid drug store for $10.73.  The next day  (September 1, 2012) I returned the unopened razor kit to the store with my receipt and exchanged it for a similar kit which was also the same price.  The clerk took my original receipt and gave me the 10.73 in cash and rang up the new razor kit. I paid for the new kit with the cash she gave me and got a receipt for the new kit.

When I checked my bank account, Rite Aid had charged my account, the amount charged was 40.73.  I went to the store with the 9-1-2012 receipt; and talked to the manager who asked for the original receipt, dated 8-31-2012, which the clerk had kept.  Since the clerk kept the receipt, I am out $30.00 that evidently  the  clerk pocketed...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rite-Aid/internet/Rite-Aid-Item-Exchange-ATM-scam-Internet-936658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rite Aid

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

what pocketing

AUTHOR: dark knight - ()

no cashier/clerk can pocket anything from the till. it would be visiable on the daily bdr report. maybe you paid with a debit card and so your bank statement shows a charge and thats why you got cash back on your return/exchange