Complaint Review: Rite Buys

• Updated: Fri, October 13, 2006

• Reported By:Frederick Maryland
Rite Buys
Internet U.S.A.

RiteBuys.com - Rite Buys ripoff advertised model and price shipped product with invoice for $200 more Internet

I ordered a Sony camera kit by model number the contents of which is described on Sony's site as well as Rite Buys. The product was advertised for $649. I then received a call supposedly to confirm the purchase, but instead turned into a sales call during which the representative tried to sell me accessories he claimed I would need, but which are actually part of the kit from Sony. I declined. He then asked if I wanted the english version which costs another $150. I replied that the kit's model number from the Sony web site describe the contents and that model number is the english kit. Also their website made no mention of extra costs for an english kit. Though it does say several language options were available, it does not say anything about additional cost. Only one price is advertised.

I sent Rite Buys an email and a few days latter called them about the call I received. They said they were shipping me the camera without the extra charge. I received the camera with an invoice for even more than the english language charge would have added. I emailed them again and called the extension their email reply stated. I got the same guy who orginally called me; he claimed the web site did show another cost for the english version. I have a PDF of the original site I purchased from and there is nothing. Then he tried to sell me more stuff that already came with the kit. This is a totally sleaze ball outfit and should be avoided.

Linwood
Frederick, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2006 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rite-Buys/internet/RiteBuyscom-Rite-Buys-ripoff-advertised-model-and-price-shipped-product-with-invoice-f-215570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rite Buys