Complaint Review: RiteBuys.com

• Submitted: Thu, April 19, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 19, 2007

• Reported By:Hermosa Beach California
RiteBuys.com
P.O.Box 300425, Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

RiteBuys.com, 1 Stop Camera, Inoax, Fotoconnection, Ephotoclub, Thewizstore,Rip-offs. Dirty Company(s) Liars, Cheats, Scam Artists Sold me a refurbished product, but sold as new Brooklyn New York

RiteBuys.com Fraud Case
On December 16, 2005 I purchased a $700 Samsung Home Theater System (model # HT-P1200) and a 2 year extended warranty from RiteBuys.com. The unit work fine until 6 months later I started experiencing audio and video problems. I contacted Samsung directly and they instructed me to send the unit to their authorized service center Koambra in Long Beach, CA. After sending in the unit in 3 times over the course of almost a year the unit is unfixable.

Samsung repair said they would refund me the entire purchase price, all I needed to do was fax them the receipt. I couldn't find my receipt at the time and called Ritebuys to have them send over a new receipt. After receiving the new invoice, to my surprise under the product description it said refurbished.

Nevertheless I sent the receipt into Samsung and Samsung replied saying that the warranty was void because it was refurbished by an unauthorized service center. I scoured my records and found my original receipt and the original receipt did not say it was refurbished nor was I told at the time of purchase that it was refurbished. I do not buy refurbished items and if I knew that this was a refurb item I would have declined to purchase it.

I contacted Ritebuys on April 13, 2007 and talked to one of the managers and explained my situation calmly asked if I could have a new unit, a credit or a full refund and she said in a very unpleasant manner, since it has been so long that there was nothing we can do and suggested that I take it up in a legal manner.

Scam artists Deluxe! I will get my money back you slimeballs!

Scott
Hermosa Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2007 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RiteBuyscom/Brooklyn-New-York-11230/RiteBuyscom-1-Stop-Camera-Inoax-Fotoconnection-Ephotoclub-ThewizstoreRip-offs-Dirt-244771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RiteBuys.com