Complaint Review: River City Real Estate

• Submitted: Thu, May 21, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 21, 2009

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
River City Real Estate
www.rivercityrealestate.net Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 804-358-7801
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

River City Real Estate exposing young adults to the cruel world crammed into 12 months of h*ll Richmond Virginia

River City Renaissance is a blood-sucking real estate company with an competent staff. I have come to believe in the year and a half I've had to deal with/be ripped off by them that they hire people with a maximum IQ of about 5. While the receptionist is nice and willing to help, she is unable to truely do anything but get you further from solving your problem and in essence, make matters much worse.

And via personal experience I discovered that their attorney isn't too bright either. He's a rude and presumptuous little man who will say anything to get his undeserved money. I had a male room mate and he had the audacity on the day of court to say that I was 'playing house with some guy.'

My Mother laughed almost hysterically as I did upon hearing that, because not only was he practically her son and my best friend of about 6 years, he is gay. So I have no clue what kind of house games this man played as a child. See, he thought my mom didn't know that a guy was living with me... therefore he was being clever and spilling the beans, but we all know what happens when you assume.

They are BY FAR the most unprofessional "establishment" I've ever come across. It took over 6 mos of constant calls and messages to get a moldy wall "fixed." However, instead of taking down the drywall and curing the leak in the wall, they simply scraped the wall and painted over it, causing the mold to reappear within only 2 months. They really need to read and uphold the Landlord-Tenant act... for example, charging for routine maintainance when a bill was not presented the day the action was taken is a violation.

I had a friend who told me that upon moving out, they charged him for carpet cleaning... in an apartment that had ALL wood flooring.

I was very disappointed in this rental experience and have made sure to caution anyone and everyone I can against them. While they are affordable and have seemingly good deals... they'll get more money from you one way or another... Trust me.

Xcretinxsinnx
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2009 01:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/River-City-Real-Estate/Richmond-Virginia/River-City-Real-Estate-exposing-young-adults-to-the-cruel-world-crammed-into-12-months-of-453942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on River City Real Estate