Complaint Review: Rivera Medical Company

• Reported By: Healthcare Supply Chain Director in — Henderson North Carolina
Rivera Medical Company
10333 Harwin Drive, Ste. 170 Houston, Texas United States of America

Rivera Medical Company Glove phone call scam Houston, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Rivera Medical Company is also located Moorpark, California

Staff person in Receiving department within hospital receives a call saying that they need the address to ship gloves ordered by the Home Health Department.  Staff member provides shipping address.  Then 2 cases of gloves show up with her name and an invoice for over $500.  This is for 10 boxes of gloves, so $50/box of gloves.  With a note on the invoice saying merchandise is not returnable without written consent and subject to a shipping and restocking charge. Items must be returned within 15 days of the date of invoice.  A late charge of 5% may be applied to invoices paid after due date.  Unpaid invoices past 60 days may be subject to a 5% penalty per month.  Buyer agrees to pay reasonable attorney's fees and collection cost in addition to any other relief afforded to enforce collection.

As the director of the supply chain when the staff person brought this to my attention I told her I had seen or heard of this happening at other facility's.  We shipped the gloves back with the invoice inclosed saying that we had scammed into "agreeing" to the shipment of these gloves.
Today a call was transferred to me from our Home Health department saying that they had a Steve Rivers on the line calling to inquire about the payment status on the invoice, could she transfer the call to me or to Accounts Payable.  Not knowing the person was on the line I stated, "this must be the company that scammed Pattie into having gloves shipped and invoicing us for over $500."  Then Steve enters the call to say that he is offended and that we approved the order and need to pay for the gloves.  I told him there was no way we would pay for gloves that cost this much.  He said that he had a corrected invoice for just 10 boxes as the first invoice was for over 40 which is what Pattie "agreed" to order, but we had refused 40 boxes when UPS attempted delivery.

We are not only a shipping but a recieving department so we don't refuse packages unless they are damaged.  I went to get Pattie to verify how many boxes she had gotten and returned.  When we returned to the line he said we were screaming a yelling and totally unprofessional.  I told him we had already filed a complaint with the BBB.  He said he just wanted to get us the corrected invoice to pay for the 10 boxes of gloves that we had signed for and he had confirmation with UPS.

He continued to say that we were rude and obnoxious customers and had several facilities that order gloves from them, he was shocked at our unprofessionalism.  We finally just hung up.

He then called back to our Home Health department and told them he cannot believe that a hospital would have two idiots working and dealing with vendors like us.  She then transferred him to my voicemail.  Here is verbattum what is on the message left today, "...don't really understand the phone etiquette in the way in which you were talking to me, I am a little shocked by that especially if this IS a business in a hospital.  I would expect that you would have a little more restraint.  It is rude and obnoxious...if you would like to call me back to resolve this before I turn this over to my supervisor.  Again you are rude and obnoxious." Received today at 11:59 EST.

Then of course we find a corrected invoice for $142.98 on our fax machine.

We don't intend to call you back Steve.  The gloves have been returned, we have a tracking number.

We will not be paying the invoice for $142.98 dated 3/13/2013, but received today 4/5/2013.

Please stop calling hospitals that have gloves on their shelves.  If they want your gloves they will call you, not the reverse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2013 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rivera-Medical-Company/Houston-Texas-77036/Rivera-Medical-Company-Glove-phone-call-scam-Houston-Texas-1040942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rivera Medical Company

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Rivera Medical Company is also located Moorpark, California

AUTHOR: ElsieM - ()

I believe the Rivera Medical Company mentioned in this post is the same company in Moorpark, CA. I read a reivew on Business Consumer Alliance regarding the same type of business practices. A friend of mine was taken by this company and cannot get a hold of Rivera Medical Company to return the gloves. The BCA review mentions two employee names, but neither I or my friend are able to get of hold of Rivera. Not sure if they are the same company from the one in California.