Complaint Review: Riverdale Marketing Research

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: snowflower — Spring Texas United States of America
Riverdale Marketing Research
110 Wwest 56th Street, New NY 10019 New York, New York United States of America

Riverdale Marketing Research RMR, I was convinced that I was accepted to be a Secret Shopper, They informed me that based on the previous survey by their affiliate Consumer Survey Specialists, that I had indicated interests, New York, New York

*General Comment: Hamilton Research Group

My first job was a hands on self training designed to equip me with the knowledge necessary for me to effectively carry out my assignment as a experienced Research Personnel under this program. The assignment was put together to be completed in two different locations. (Secret shopper) Call  the account manager Linda Robert or Mark Armstrong at 1-289-892-2897 Monday to Saturday between 8:30 and 10:00 pm est for further instructions.

There was a check enclosed for $1993.00. They claimed that this research program is a fully paid program and would become a permanent part time position for a selected few who are able to distinguish themselves in the course of this program. They claimed that I was being paid $350.00 as my salary for this training assignment. I would also be assigned a different job every week based on my performance.

There were 2 assignments on this check: 1) I would have to evaluate any local Western Union store in my area as a way of rating their competence and good customer service relations by doing a funds transfer to the Area manager, David Hambrick at the International Head Office at 3 Santa Monica, CP: 28043 Madrid Spain. The 2) assignment was to takeout the sum of $70 for shopping at one of the retail stores listed below: Walmart, Walgreens, KMart, Sears, Costco and more. The items I were to buy were mine as  a bonus.

The enclosed check for $1993.00 broke down to:

1) My salary $350.00
2) Survey funds to be transferred  $1480.00 + 93.00 send fees + 1,573.00
3) Funds needed for shopping $70.00

Total : $1993.00

This check was returned as a fraud through my bank and my entire accounts were froze for 2 weeks! I have no money to live off! Also My bank has basically denied me to ever have any accounts with them ever! I have been been so humiliated! and broke now for another week and a half! I am on medical leave with no access to my accunt now! Thanks to these @#$holes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Riverdale-Marketing-Research/New-York-New-York-10019/Riverdale-Marketing-Research-RMR-I-was-convinced-that-I-was-accepted-to-be-a-Secret-Shop-878413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Riverdale Marketing Research

#1 General Comment

Hamilton Research Group

AUTHOR: Cmear - (United States of America)

i also received this letter except the companies name was changed to Hamilton research group and the account managers are Mark Singleton and Susan Howard.  the only thing that warned me this was a rip off is i binged the phone number 1-289-892-2897, and this was the first thing to pop up.

originally i was going to call the better business bureau to chck on legitimacy but my husband said to bing the company.  after failed attempts of finding the correct HRG i binged the number.  if it werent for this report i could have been the next victim.

thanks for sharing your story.