Complaint Review: Riverside Towing and Recovery

• Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By: MzB — Saint Louis Missouri United States of America
Riverside Towing and Recovery
do not have Saint Louis, Missouri United States of America

Riverside Towing and Recovery Joe Brooks towed vehicle scam Saint Louis, Missouri

*General Comment: river side towing

Hello I am writing to ask for your assistance with recovering money owed to me for a disabled vehicle that I had towed on 7/29 by Riverside Towing. A driver for the company or the owner not sure which one he is Joe Brooks contacted my father about towing a few disabled vehicles off of our property in North County. These were vehicles that could be taken to the salvage yard.

He was to pay us $125 for each vehicle that we did not have the title too. There were three vehicles that needed to be towed. One of our vehicles that is working needed some work done to it and Mr. Brooks said that he knew a guy who was capable of performing the work on the vehicle. I asked him could we just swap out the payment for the vehicle for the services and he said no because he was not sure when the guy could come and do the work. I was under the impression that the deal was null and void because of this statement and that he would be giving us the cash for all of the vehicles.
Then he stated that the guy would come on 8/1 to perform the duties after he left my house with the last vehicle and that he would pay him. Well the guy did not come and perform the duties. My parents simultaneously attempted to contact Mr. Brooks the entire week of 8/1 and he would not respond to any of the phone calls or voice mails. Eventually my father was able to contact Mr. Brooks via text message and he stated that he would be out on 8/10 to drop off the money. Well that day came and went and Mr. Brooks was still nowhere to be found so I asked my father for the number and attempted to contact him myself.

On 8/13 and 8/14 I attempted to call Mr. Brooks he called me back on 8/14 stating that he was off of work and out of town on vacation and that he would be by on 8/15 at 3pm to drop of the money that time also came and went and I contacted him again on 8/15 and he said he would come out on 8/16 between 8-10am to drop off the money. That time also came and went finally that afternoon when I was able to contact him he stated that he had already paid the guy and he was trying to contact him to get the money back and if he did not hear from him by 8/18 he would take the money out of his own pocket and reimburse me and find the guy himself to collect the money back. Today is 9/13 and I have not been able to contact Mr. Brooks and I really need some assistance in tracking him down and collecting this money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2011 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Riverside-Towing-and-Recovery/Saint-Louis-Missouri-63136/Riverside-Towing-and-Recovery-Joe-Brooks-towed-vehicle-scam-Saint-Louis-Missouri-776375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Riverside Towing and Recovery

#1 General Comment

river side towing

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

to all the poeple that have been ripped off by riverside towing(final notice recovery)he is on probation in madison county,for ripping poeple off,and st.charles county.he takes titles cars to taylors salvage and crushes them