Complaint Review: Riverside and San Bernardino County DCSS

• Submitted: Thu, February 24, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: Mykah — Adelanto California USA
Riverside and San Bernardino County DCSS

Riverside and San Bernardino County DCSS You can fight back against DCSS Internet

I have a similar story as almost all DCSS cases and with a court order to reduce my balance by half and adjust my interest according on a $3,000.00  balance, DCSS decided they would audit my account and it magically jumped to over $5,000.00. It took them months to come up with this figure and I called my case worker every week asking about my case's progress. She eventually stopped answering and returning my calls. After about a month I asked for her supervisor and the next day she finally called me back with both good and bad news. The good news was they finally resolved my case, the bad news was that even though the judge ordered them to cut my bill in half they did an audit and somehow raised my bill. At this point I had already been spending months in the law library researching my rights as well as theirs, and currently have some solid facts showing them breaking the law (these audits being one) as well as on their website through much searching I found a program called C.O.A.P. Because of their scrupulous business practices the federal government was going to cut their funding unless they could explain why they weren't able to pay even half the debt they kept borrowing. It's a long story, all in the 28 page C.O.A.P. pamphlet (but well worth the read) and it basically is a program for anyone owing $5,000.00 or more in arrearages where the NCP has no chance of paying off within 3 years. They don't make it easy and work to make you default but if you study the pamphlet and take a good look at your finances it could really help your situation. They raised by balance to $5,000.00 and I had a $3,000.00 debt in another county and I offered them $500.00 to pay off the entire debt. I told them thats all I could afford. They put me on hold and said the minimum they could accept was $800.00 or there would be no deal. I accepted and borrowed the extra 300.00 but they did pull a couple tricks from there sleeves to try and get me to default. It didn't work. Hope this helps, or you could always attempt to sue them. I am currently putting together my evidence and if anyone has additions or may want to take part in this lawsuit feel free to contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 12:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Riverside-and-San-Bernardino-County-DCSS/internet/Riverside-and-San-Bernardino-County-DCSS-You-can-fight-back-against-DCSS-Internet-699243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Riverside and San Bernardino County DCSS