Complaint Review: Riverstone Residential Management LLC

• Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: wehali — Denver Colorado United States of America
Riverstone Residential Management LLC
1010 S. Oneida St. Denver, Colorado United States of America

Riverstone Residential Management LLC Don't ask for your deposit, or you'll get a bogus bill to blow you off. These people are not above falsifying evidence. Denver, Colorado

The seemingly friendly management turned ugly when I requested my deposit.  By law, they had 60 days to return it to me.  After 3 phone calls to the office of South Oneida Club Apartment office, I was finally told, "I can't remember if we owe you or if you owe us.  I'll get something out to you in the mail by tomorrow."  I received a bogus bill for cleaning, (everything was washed and deep vacuumed before I left), and for painting and replacing carpet and blinds.

I had the people who moved me and helped me clean write affidavits declaring the condition of the apartment was within city requirements of "normal wear and tear".

However: The management hadn't returned my deposit or presented me will their (bogus) bill within the 60 days.  (It was closer to 80.) So I sent a "demand" letter to them stating that if I didn't receive my deposit within 7 days, I would sue for three times the deposit and court costs.  Riverstone then emailed me papers I had supposedly received two weeks after I left.

How interesting that these papers, with a handwritten date, didn't show up until I sent the demand letter.  Now they say that if I don't pay their bill, they'll ruin my credit.

There are other complaints against Riverstone Residential Management on the internet.  Don't rent from them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Riverstone-Residential-Management-LLC/Denver-Colorado-80224/Riverstone-Residential-Management-LLC-Dont-ask-for-your-deposit-or-youll-get-a-bogus-b-711532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Riverstone Residential Management LLC