Complaint Review: RoTech Healthcare Inc

• Updated: Wed, November 16, 2011

• Reported By: Mel C — Fergus Falls Minnesota United States of America
RoTech Healthcare Inc
2600 Technology Drive Suite 300 Orlando, Florida United States of America

RoTech Healthcare Inc RoTech Healtcare is attempting to bill me more than my insurance has negotiated for a nebulizer for my daughter. Orlando, Florida

First and foremost, I have two health insurances, so here is where RoTech is trying to use that against me.  My primary insurance company has negotiated a price for a nebulizer purchase of $5.67 a month.  My secondary insurance would have allowed a larger amount ($18.69) for them to bill me if they were my only insurance company.  Since I have 2 insurances, RoTech, by law, can only charge me the lesser amount, but this is not what they are doing.

I have talked to many different RoTech customer service personnel, and as of late, a supervisor in their billing department.  Only one of their employees has stated that RoTech is billing me the extra amount in error; everyone else is stating it is part of my deductible.  When I talk to my insurance companies, they state the $5.67 is supposed to go towards my deductible, and the additional $13.02 is to be a write-off for RoTech.

Let's do the math: $5.67 + $13.02 = $18.69.  RoTech is trying to charge me the difference in order to recoup the greater amount allowed by my secondary insurance company.  I have been told over and over again that this practice is illegal.  When I bring this up to RoTech, they say "It is part of your deductible.", but my Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from my insurance company states otherwise.

If I were to pay the amount that RoTech intends for me to pay for this nebulizer, I will end up paying more than the nebulizer is even worth.  It costs $225, but if they bill me $18.69 for 13 months, it will end up being $242.97!  Also, my primary insurance company has a contract with RoTech for this nebulizer and the cost would be $72; so $5.67 for 13 months would be $73.71, a little over, but better thant $242.97.

I am tired of dealing with this company, and their unfair practices.  They will not even talk to my insurance company representatives in a cordial manner.  I will never purchase any other medical supplies from them in the future, and I will let all my friends and family know of the situation we are facing so they can decide if they ever want to deal with this company as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2011 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RoTech-Healthcare-Inc/Orlando-Florida-32804/RoTech-Healthcare-Inc-RoTech-Healtcare-is-attempting-to-bill-me-more-than-my-insurance-ha-798807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RoTech Healthcare Inc