Complaint Review: Road Runner Sports

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 30, 2009

• Reported By:Manakin Sabot Virginia
Road Runner Sports
5549 Copley Drive San Diego, California U.S.A.

Road Runner Sports Fraudulent Credit Card Charges San Diego California

My credit card was billed $24.99 for a "membership renewal" by this company on 06/29/2009 without notifying me and without any authorization by me. It is obvious that this is an intentional action by Roadrunner Sports to bill unsuspecting former customers who might overlook this charge. When you call them to dispute the charge, you are greeted by a pre-recorded message cheerfully explaining that the recent charge on your card is just a renewal fee for your extremely valuable membership but if you would like to speak to someone about that charge just press "1". While they quickly agree to refund the charge (as yet I have not seen it!), this only serves to confirm that they are mass billing former customers hoping to pick up some free cash from those people to whom $24.99 is not the sort of charge that rings alarm bells ("Maybe I really did renew that membership, whatever it is?"). Any argument from them would only send customers to the BBB in droves. If they do not respond soon, I will dispute the charge through my credit card company and submit a report to the California BBB. As it is, I intend to submit a poor rating to www.resellerratings.com. The 10 minutes I had to spend to resolve the problem was ten minutes more than I should have. Additionally, the last purchase I made from Roadrunner Sports was more than a year ago. I never authorized them to retain any of my credit card information. This company is bad news - period.

Charles
Manakin Sabot, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Road-Runner-Sports/San-Diego-California-92111/Road-Runner-Sports-Fraudulent-Credit-Card-Charges-San-Diego-California-466436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Road Runner Sports