Complaint Review: RoadLoans

• Submitted: Sat, February 22, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, February 22, 2014

• Reported By: Andi — Florida
Internet USA

RoadLoans Banco Santander Auto loan 6.5% interest with FICO score of 822?  Internet

For the past 18 years, I have maintained a FICO score between 775 and 820 (depending on the reporting bureau). For the past 5 years, I've had ZERO revolving credit card debt, two satisfied car loans, and full time employment.  My oldest credit card is 30 years old.

Accordingly - I expect a new car loan interest rate between 2.5% and 3.5% (based on bankrate.com). Armed with this background research, I visited E-LOAN and submitted my application via their RoadLoan page. I received approval from RoadLoan for an auto loan at an interest rate of 6.5%.

Apparently, RoadLoans specializes in financing for people with poor credit.  It wasn't until I revisted their website that I noticed that their webpage title (the text that appears on the tab in your browser) reads BAD CREDIT AUTO LOANS.

I have two issues to point out:

1)  E-LOAN's claim that "E-LOAN helps you find the right loan for your specific needs. [continued below]....

..... You'll be matched with reputable lenders and financial service providers" is misleading at best; and

2) RoadLoan does not clearly identify that its focus is BAD CREDIT AUTO LOANS.  If that were made clear, I would have never applied with this particular lender, as high risk lenders charge higher rates across the board.

There are very few of us out there who actually achieve the near perfect credit situation.  It's an active and continuous effort to ensure that I'm "finance ready" if the need ever arises. I'm actually embarrased that I got 'snookered' by E-LOAN/RoadLoans and hope that my experience is a cautionary tale that helps other folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2014 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RoadLoans/internet/RoadLoans-Banco-Santander-Auto-loan-65-interest-with-FICO-score-of-822nbsp-Internet-1125770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RoadLoans