Complaint Review: RoadRunner

• Submitted: Sat, April 17, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 20, 2010

• Reported By: Ronda — 6388 Kimberly dr Ohio U.S.A.
RoadRunner
11700 Princeton Pike Internet, Ohio United States of America

RoadRunner Road Runner Lies, Poor Service and Deception Internet, Ohio

*Author of original report: Cut Off Appointment

I started service in 2006 for Road Runner service. The agreement was a year at 29.95 of High speed to be at a locked in rate of 34.95 at the end of the year.

Issue are dissrupted or no service due to the wrong motems for the first year.  I was never given the password or ip address so I could use the email for over a year and a half. Techs would hang up on me because I couldn't give them the magic word.

Got taken on a cable tv tryout. My tv was broken by a tech and I never received compansation. I was lied to by the sales person. I was down graded to standard Road Runner after I wouldn't "bundle" and keep the service.

Last service call, I finally got the jerk to check the pole. Squirrels ate the coating off the line in the alley and was probable causing most of the issues from day one and the other techs wouldn't bother to check.

The last straw was when my current bill came in and charge was increased again. The CS Rep Edith didn't explain anything and passed to the dept that cuts off serive. While speaking to that passifying idiot, the first few sentences included "well, if you would bundle" then later another reference to " It is because you won't bundle".

Are we now being strong armed to "bundle" unwanted and over priced services? I do believe the CCC and other organizations need to know what exactly is going on with these cable companies.

I guess I will send smoke signals because I will not tolerate companies who lie, cheat, steal and use unfair business practices.  244 people and growing.. can't be all wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2010 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RoadRunner/Internet-Ohio-452451/RoadRunner-Road-Runner-Lies-Poor-Service-and-Deception-Internet-Ohio-594128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RoadRunner

Cut Off Appointment

AUTHOR: Ronda - (U.S.A.)

I am moving my computer so I can use a different service provider.  I found the paperwork that shows all the different problems and the locked in price of 34.95.  What con artists and liars. I would think that Ohio wouldn't allow such a monopoly to exist.  Fair Trade.. you know?  Anyway. I told the little girl to set up the cut off at May 8th... I get a call this morning from the guy that dissconnects service to see if he could come out this morning.. I told him when the office and I agreed on and he said the repair guys only get an order. This company isn't even efficient enough to hold an appointment.  I will be cut off now this friday just to get it done and to my convenience. Sad that this monopoly is so unorganized and unprofessional. More like a plague scowering the earth.