Complaint Review: Roadside Plus

• Submitted: Thu, January 05, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, January 06, 2006

• Reported By:Rison Arkansas
Roadside Plus
848 North Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Roadside Plus RIPOFF took money out of my account without permission Las Vegas Nevada *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Author of original report: Roadside Plus Unauthorized Use of My Account

I recently applied for a short-term loan online on 12/23/05. On 1/04/05, an electronic "check" was taken out of my account for the amount of $21.95. When I looked at the image of this "e-check" it said it was paid to: Roadside Plus for Roadside Assistance. There was a telephone number listed so I called them. I asked what this was about and she said I had signed up for a free 7 day trial and failed to cancel within the 7 days. I told her I didn't sign up for anything like this and I wanted my money back. She told me they couldn't give me my money back but they could cancel if I would like to cancel. I told her I definitely wanted to cancel it because I didn't sign up for it in the first place. I asked her how they were able to just take money out of people's account without permission and she said I had filled out an application. Which I did not. I tried to get her to fax me a copy and she couldn't. She said they would mail me a copy. I am still waiting for this so called 'application' that I never filled out.

If I had signed up for this 'roadside assistance' or filled out an application, shouldn't I receive something listing all the things I am covered for and a number to call? I work at a bank and check my account everyday or else I probably would have never known about this. So now I have a month of roadside assistance that isn't even real. That's bull!

What I did do about it was contact the Better Business Bureau and my state Attorney General's Office. One way or another, I will get my money back. Hopefully enough people will get together and file complaints and this company's 'doors' will be closed. It should be illegal to take money from peoples accounts without being authorized to do so. I hope everyone that has a problem with the FAKE 'Roadside Plus' 'Roadside Assistance' does something about it. Don't let them take your money. I wonder how many people don't even know this has happened to them. It's wrong!

Caitlyn
Rison, Arkansas

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2006 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roadside-Plus/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89107/Roadside-Plus-RIPOFF-took-money-out-of-my-account-without-permission-Las-Vegas-Nevada-EDi-170596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roadside Plus

Roadside Plus Unauthorized Use of My Account

AUTHOR: Caitlyn - (U.S.A.)

I am still hard at work to bring 'Roadside Plus' (or whatever else they want to be called) down. I talked to a few people at my bank and found out that I needed to fill out a form for unauthorized activity on my account. My bank didn't have a problem with me filling this out. This form will make it so they will not allow Roadside Plus to do anything with my account again (at least under that name) and it also puts the money back into your account within 24 hours. That is good that my bank let me do this, but I am not through with this fake company yet. I am in the process of talking to lawyers and contacting any and everyone that I think can help me with this in some way. Our local news does stories on bad companies like 'Roadside Plus' and help you get answers and help from other people who see the story on TV. Please continue to do whatever you can to bring this horrible company down!! Fight!!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC