Complaint Review: Roark Travel Club

• Updated: Wed, March 21, 2012

• Reported By: Stan — Little Rock Arkansas United States of America
Roark Travel Club
118 State Drive Hollister, Missouri United States of America

Roark Travel Club Club Resort Intervals, LLC High pressure and misleading sales. Hollister, Missouri

My wife and I have had many opportunities to go through sales pitches over the years for timeshares and travel clubs and have always turned them down.  Not in this case.  We were travelling to Branson, MO for vacation during spring break and decided the "free things" we received were worth the 1 1/2 hour presentation.

The presentation that Roark Travel Club/Club Resort Interval does is very convincing, so much so that after 3 refusals from us they offered us a $1500.00 lifetime package with $99.00 annual fees for life (my wife is a good negotiator).  We could also put 20 family members on our plan for free.  We thought, wow, we started at $8800.00 with $180.00 annual fees, so we signed on.

That night we went out to eat and spoke with another couple who invested $7000.00 in another travel club, then the club went bankrupt.  Needless to say they lost their money.  That worried us a bit so we began research on the internet and found this site as well as others that gave feedback on Roark Travel Club/CRI.  We didn't read anything positive and I tried hard to find positive feedback (I would welcome any positive feedback if it is there).

Thank goodness for my wife who reads the fine print - we could rescind in 3 days, which is what we did.  I will say there were no hassles in the cancellation process.  The guy was very nice but was bummed that we were his second cancellation that day.  They had presentations going on while we were there so I'm sure they wanted us out quickly.

By the way, our accomodations were just fair.  We were in Branson for 4 days, 2 in this hotel and 2 elsewhere.  The 2 days elsewhere were at Spinnaker, with 2 very nice condo units for $100.00/night for both.  The Roark Travel club representative told us that this was one of their participating properties, which the Spinnaker resort representative denied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2012 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roark-Travel-Club/Hollister-Missouri-65672/Roark-Travel-Club-Club-Resort-Intervals-LLC-High-pressure-and-misleading-sales-Hollister-857338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roark Travel Club