Complaint Review: Rob Major - Major Home Inspections

• Submitted: Fri, March 13, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 13, 2009

• Reported By:altoona Pennsylvania
Rob Major - Major Home Inspections
Woodbridge, Manassas, Virginia U.S.A.

Rob Major - Major Home Inspections Housing, Roof, Woodbridge, Manassas Virginia

I wanted to post an update to my ongoing issue with Rob Major and Major Home Ispections.

After threatening legal consultation Rob decided to give me a call back on Friday, and so kindly went through his inspection report again with me. Let me list the reasons not use Major Home Inspections.

To understand my anger and his lack of ethics you need to understand the reporting system he uses for his report. It is computerized, and each section has a space for him to select a given item with an "X" mark, and follow it up with a number indicating the item needs repaired, consult a contractor, near end of lifespand ect. In short he needs to put an x next to the item he is describing.

Under the roofing section of his report he has noted no damage, indicated no repairs as being necessary and left me believing the roof was newly put on. He did not enter a single X or enter a number for me to contact a contractor for consultation.

In another section of the report he entered a 2 for consult a contractor for a basement bathroom window with weather damage. The funny part is I don't have a window in any of my bathrooms.

Rob is very inconsisten with his explaination, documentation and each time I talk to him I believe more and more he was working with my agent (who recommended him).

Rob tells me he didn't indicate the roof was brand new at all, even though witnesses heard him say it, he told me that he fully disclosed the issues with the roof and he stands by his work. He also told me he documented within the report the roof issues, and when I asked where he directed me to a page in the very end of a hundred page binder, behind several blank pages making you believe the report is finished. In a section labled the attic Rob indicates the issues with my roof.

Rob Major is as unethical as they come, he changes his storey with the weather, buries the truth in places he doesn't think you'll check and doesn't even have a brock and mortar address. This man says he stands by his work and he believes he is ethical even though his work, if unintentionally decietful is full of wholes, errors and could have been done by a third grader with more accuracy. I had another ASHI certified home inspector examine my house and Rob's report and he could read the report the way Rob explained it. If an industry professional of 20 plus years can't read the report with accurracy how can a common home buyer.

altoona, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2009 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rob-Major-Major-Home-Inspections/Woodbridge-Manassas-Virginia/Rob-Major-Major-Home-Inspections-Housing-Roof-Woodbridge-Manassas-Virginia-433900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rob Major - Major Home Inspections