Complaint Review: Rob Marker EDRP

• Submitted: Mon, November 10, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 20, 2009

• Reported By:Frisco Texas
Rob Marker EDRP
columbialakessportingclub.com West Columbia, Texas U.S.A.

Rob Marker EDRP Theft Fraud West Columbia Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Rob is facing issues in Travis and Brazoria county

The owner of the company, Rob Marker was a "friend" of mine. He was working on a development outside the Houston area in West Columbia. He called it Columbia Lakes Sporting Club. He had big plans for a bass fishing lake, a private country club for homeowners, and was in the planning stages to start getting homes built on the lake. I saw all the initial plans, and we talked about me investing in a lot.

He was pre-selling the lots to investors for $50k, but he made me a "deal" to buy a lot for $35K. He told me he was about to sell the rest of the lots for $88K. I was sent information on the initial stages of this at first, when I would inquire. However, that quickly stopped. I have been unable to talk to him or get a return email for the last 8 months.

When I contacted the Columbia Lakes Resort a couple of weeks ago, they advised me that they had nothing to do with Rob Marker anymore, and he is in no way associated with them and they havn't seen or heard from him in months.

I was a single mother when I trusted and invested in this company, and my widowed mother also invested in 2 lots totaling $70K. Rob Marker has disappeared with $105, 000 of our money, and did nothing to even start the development of the Sporting Club. The comps for the lots are less than $25K now, and they have not sold a lake lot in years...Basically, our lots are worthless, and I will continue to pay my loan amount for a worthless peice of property...

Frisco, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rob-Marker-EDRP/West-Columbia-Texas/Rob-Marker-EDRP-Theft-Fraud-West-Columbia-Texas-389703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rob Marker EDRP

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Rob is facing issues in Travis and Brazoria county

AUTHOR: Tarturus - (U.S.A.)

When were these lots sold?
I'd carefully check title!

It sounds like Rob misrepresented things to you, but didn't do anything illegal.
Contact Brazoria county - ask for "White collar" - there is a detective there that will be interested in your experience.

Rob Marker has taken money and provided ZERO SERVICES in at least 3 counties across Texas. He needs to be stopped..

If anyone has more information on more recent transactions - please post.