Complaint Review: Rob Taylor

• Reported By: Sean B — Los Angeles California United States of America
Rob Taylor
United Kingdom Internet United States of America

Rob Taylor Lazy and incompetent writer - Rob Taylor United Kingdom, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Don't get your Rob Taylors mixed up!

I have been using oDesk for outsourcing to cut the company expenses and I found this employee for writing - Rob Taylor. He seemed like a very diligent and hard working person, so I agreed to hire him. I prepaid him and I expected the work to be completed within a month, and we agreed that he will keep me updated weekly basis. First 2 weeks - I heard nothing from him, but excessive amount of complaints - mostly about family problems (though I do not think that can take up 100% of his waking hours). I was okay with it, hoping that within next 2 weeks I will get what I paid for and some work acceleration. Yet, still nothing, in addition to family problems, some hospital problems and hardship problems added up. So now I  thought to myself, "Did I hire this guy to listen for his problems or to get the job done?"

After almost 40 days I finally got 1 out of 30 articles that came out to be 90% plagiarized and 10% of removed or moved words.

After wasting of so much of time I asked for a refund, but he said he cannot afford to issue the refund.

His Yahoo messenger ID: rt1984

I decided to report this guy, so other guys like me will not be having problems as I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2010 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rob-Taylor/internet/Rob-Taylor-Lazy-and-incompetent-writer-Rob-Taylor-United-Kingdom-Internet-612200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rob Taylor

Don't get your Rob Taylors mixed up!

AUTHOR: Vytautas Lekarauskas - (United States of America)

I just wanted to say that I actually used the services of a writer called Rob Taylor recently (in fact I still am) and he's brilliant - never missed a deadline and is always word-perfect.

He is UK-based though, so I'm sure this report is regarding a different Rob Taylor, from America. Just wanted to be sure that my Rob wasn't taking the flak for someone else's mistakes! His Yahoo messenger listed here has similar numbers but the UK Rob only uses Gmail as far as I'm aware and not Yahoo.

So before you make any rash decisions, be sure you've got the right Rob Taylor!