Complaint Review: Rob Water, President of Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce, and Manager of Oak Bay Marine Group

• Submitted: Sat, February 09, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Parksville British Columbia Canada
411 B 1st Avenue, Ladysmith BC. V9G 1A4 Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada

Rob Water, President of Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce, and Manager of Oak Bay Marine Group President Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce, Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce - Complete Scam & Cover Up For It's Members - Don't Invest In Ladysmith Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada

Want to invest your hard earned money in the town of Ladysmith, BC? Wan't to be a respected business in Ladysmith BC? Or do you want to become a member of a corrupt business organization where it's leadership (President, Rob Water) provides protection to its members for illegal activities in the community? If you answered YES to the last question, then Ladysmith is the place to achieve your goals. If you also answered YES to the first two questions, then keep driving and don't stop in Ladysmith, because you will never become part of the elite club and enjoy all of its hidden privileges while Mr.Water is at the helm.

You will be stonewalled, lied to, denied access to any sort of real 'due process' if you experience any true business problems in the community, and Mr.Waters is also great at perfecting the denial process by trying not to put anything into writing that might hold him accountable in the future. [continued below]....
..... Furthermore he also claims to protect the identity and reputation of the community, claiming that they spend a lot of money to attract tourist dollars, but then does nothing to protect its very citizens that live there and support that very same effort. Don't be fooled by titles either. His position at Oak Bay Marine Group, where he is listed as a manager, is also equally filled with chaos and mismanagement under his inept leadership.

Here is a true case and copy of a letter that was sent directly to his attention that needed to be addressed and resolved. The only response provided by Mr.Water after his 'big' investigation into the matter which resulted in nothing more than a casual conversation with his buddies and to warn them, was "Sorry, you have only moved into town less than 5 minutes ago, so your thoughts and opinions are warrant less and meaningless, have a nice day". Completely blowing off all the facts and proof. How professional. Receive a complaint. Tip off the people in the complaint, take no action, then completely blow off the person raising questions and concerns about one of his sitting chamber colleagues! Does this sound like a place you want to invest your money? Some dying decrepit old town, run by crooks who still believe in the "boys club rat club" mentality? You be the judge. Take the gamble, however don't complain that you were not warned.

Actual Letter of Complaint:

Mr. Rob Waters , PresidentLadysmith Chamber of Commerce411 B 1st Street, Ladysmith, British ColumbiaV9G 1A4(250) 245-2112
Mr. Waters
Pursuant to our conversation on Friday January 11th, 2012, I am bringing to your attention the most inappropriate actions of one of your sitting members, Ingrid James, Owner of Printingdun Beanery, Ladysmith and asking that an investigation take place into her actions.

As previously discussed, I am an former employee of Ingrid James. On December 17th, 2012, Ms.James solicited my assistance in helping her resurrect her failing business located in Ladysmith. At the time, I was currently just in the process of closing another contract with another restaurant in Ladysmith, The Gyphons Lair. After a very short period of time (7 Days)  Ms. James came to the conclusion that she could no longer afford my salary and severed our working relationship. However after doing so, also failed to fully pay for my services, which is now before the Labor Relations Board of British Columbia. This is where Ms.James actions and borderline illegal activities began, and this is where as a new resident of this community I take offense and bring this matter to your attention.

Immediately after severing our ties, Ms.James began sending random and what appeared to be drunken text messages to my self and my wife, as well as other members of the community. Contents that were somewhat alarming to us, and also giving us enough reason to be concerned for her own safety, but perhaps even that of our own, we were prompted us to go the Ladysmith main RCMP Police detachment at 11:00pm at night to report the messages. In these messages, Ms.James implicated many people around her, people in positions of power and persuasion, stating that if we "did not leave her alone", and "didn't hurt her", that she would then contact and get them to deal with her problem. Please let me state that I am completely aware that these matters would not normally involve or concern the Commerce, however the history is needed to be known so that a conclusion can be drawn in this matter.

At no time ever did either me or my wife ever make any threats towards Ms.James in any way regarding the termination of my services to her. In fact we could not even make contact with her for 5 days after receiving the text message stating our service were no longer needed. Nor did we have any notice that the ties were about to be severed until 11:00pm at night when we received the first text message from Ms.James.We never made any threats to harm her either. In fact we so concerned about the jarbled text message that it was US that took legal actions to ensure that the police were made ware of possible mental health issues with Ms.James and to check on her.

In these text messages, Ms.James insinuated that she had now been to the local newspaper and spoken with Teresa McKinley, publisher of the Ladysmith Chronicle and reported the "incident" to her (What incident. She further went on to state and threaten us that Wayne Richmond and Peter Richmond, owners of The 49th Parallel Grocery Chain is her father and brother, and made the implication they would come after us if we didn't leave her alone. Again, please let me remind you that we had no contact with Ms.James for 5 days after repeated attempts to reach her. Making these threats was completely unwarranted, let alone threatening to us. Under the advisement from the local RCMP, we retained all electronic copies of attempted communication with Ms.James for the police.

We have had an opportunity to bring these concerns and threats of retaliation directly to Mr. Peter Richmond and presented him with a copy of the threats made by Ms.James, and I can assure you that he is not, and was not aware of this incident and had no involvement in the matter. He also categorically denies being related in any form to Ms.James. He only knows her as a customer who shops in his store. He later stated that he was not impressed at having his name being slandered or that of his fathers and would be seeking to address this matter with Mr. Wayne Richards immediately.  I have assured Mr.Richmond that I would not make copies of the statements made by Ms.James public. Therefore if you require proof of these messages, you will have to seek them from Mr.Richmond directly.
On Friday January 11th, 2012 I also received our very first telephone call from the Ladysmith RCMP detachment inquiring about an allegation that I "may be involved" in late night visits to the business owned by Ms.James and that I may be responsible for coming around and banging on the back doors and windows of her business. Mr. Waters, please let me make this perfectly clear. As you are already aware, my family suffered a great loss of a family member on January 1st in Parksville. During this time we have spent very little time in Ladysmith between dealing with funeral arraignments  bringing family in from around the country..etc, and that at 45 years of age, I would have anything to do with this sort of petty behavior. And since Ms.James was already legally served on January 5th, 2012 for the previous outstanding issue for non payment of salaries, I find it insulting not only to me, but to my family that this sort of accusation would be made, and that the resources of the local RCMP detachment would be wasted in such a manner during our time of loss. Where is the accountability for these types of actions? As a standing member of the commerce, I would think that being a member means that its members are held to a higher standard in the community, and not running around cooking up and conjuring up stories at the tax payers expense, only to serve her own personal demented agenda. Since Ms.James was not privy to our family loss, she would have no idea that it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to be involved, and that I wasn't in the area. The police were also non to pleased after discovering what our family was going through while be accused of such juvenile acts and didn't give much weight to her story, however as a matter of protocol needed to follow up with me. They in turn have also implied they have have had many dealings with her in the past, but refused to elaborate on details. However it is pretty clear that Ms.James is acting in away that she seems to think she is untouchable in the community and can do whatever she wants without being held accountable.

Ms. James has not only made reference to being related to one of the communities most influential business owners without their knowledge or consent and very clearly upset them for dragging them into this personal matter. She has made reference of her relationship to the publisher of the Ladysmith chronicle, and is now seemingly using the RCMP detachment for her own personal agenda's. She also flaunts her position as a sitting member of the Chamber of Commerce, which is why we are bringing this to your attention. As discussed, your office spends a lot of money in promoting and advertising in the community and abroad, and I am quite certain that these actions of Ms.James, now that they are becoming public knowledge will not be appreciated. The sense of entitlement demonstrated by Ms.James simply because she paid a sum to your organization to become part of may end  up costing much more in the end if not corrected. For our part, we fully intend on addressing these actions and complaints with the police, and perhaps even the Mayor if this is not dealt with, and after further consultation with our lawyers. Making false complaints to the police is illegal, and a waste of our resources.

In closing, we will state in writing that we have never been contacted by the RCMP for any other matter or complaints made by Ms.James other than the one described herein.We have never been issued any warnings to stay away from her, we have never been investigated for making threats, nor have we harassed or threatened Ms.James in any way. We stand by the facts and the electronic records we have of all the threats made by Ms.James and welcome any further questioning you may deem required.

We trust that by leaving this in your very capable hands that you will take any and all necessary actions required in order to see that your office is not being abused or tarnished any further. If you required any additional details, please do not hesitate to contact me at your leisure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rob-Water-President-of-Ladysmith-Chamber-of-Commerce-and-Manager-of-Oak-Bay-Marine-Group/Ladysmith-British-Columbia-V9G-1A4/Rob-Water-President-of-Ladysmith-Chamber-of-Commerce-and-Manager-of-Oak-Bay-Marine-Group-1011471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rob Water, President of Ladysmith Chamber of Commerce, and Manager of Oak Bay Marine Group