Complaint Review: Robby Gentil, Scales & Tails

• Submitted: Sun, September 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, March 16, 2009

• Reported By:Gainesville Florida
Robby Gentil, Scales & Tails
115 Myrtle Lane Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Robby Gentil, Scales & Tails Alleged Teacup/Toy Chihuahua ends up being 11 lbs. Daytona Beach Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This is the seller Dawn from Gainesville Fl. Why don't I have any record of you?

*Consumer Suggestion: dont worry Dawn

*Consumer Comment: IF YOUR PUPPY IS HEALTHY -- BE THANKFUL FOR YOUR LITTLE FRIEND!

*Consumer Comment: Let us also not forget

*Consumer Comment: ****Only cowards post to hurt a name online****

I went into the shop and fell in love with all the puppies unfortunately my mom would only let me take one home. I chose a brindle chihuahua who I was told was supposed to be "teacup"/toy breed. I was also told that the dog would grow not much bigger than he already was.

I am very satisfied with my puppy of choice as I have grown attached to him, however, I am very dissatisfied with the fact that I was lied to about the size the dog would be. I know there is no real teacup size breed however there is such thing as a toy breed and my dog isn't even that. He has grown to be much bigger than ever expected. I am also dissatisfied in the manor in which I was treated when I went back into the shop to inform him that my dog had grown grossly larger. The response I received from him was that I didn't pay teacup price. On top of this I have been told by many breeders with much more experience that he looks nothing like a purebred chihuahua and more so like a mini pin. which leaves me very skeptical.

I have since purchased an actual "teacup" puppy for much less than I bought the other dog. He is 2 lbs full grown and only cost me $400 vs. what I over paid for an 11 lb dog.

It makes me wonder that this seller has had to change locations and shop names. Maybe because of the numerous reports on his actions and methods of selling the puppies he owns. I think he should rethink his selling practices and go with a more honest approach before he does end up with major lawsuits on his hand.

Dawn
Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2007 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robby-Gentil-Scales-Tails/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Robby-Gentil-Scales-Tails-Alleged-TeacupToy-Chihuahua-ends-up-being-11-lbs-Daytona-Be-273463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robby Gentil, Scales & Tails

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This is the seller.... Dawn from Gainesville Fl. Why don't I have any record of you? And who are you Jodi?

Being a hater and hiding in this forum to hurt someone is wrong and can be illegal. If this claim is true I want this person Dawn from Gainesville to contact me with her problem. I will update this forum to the outcome and validity of this claim against me.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I have always practiced an open door policy and have never turned down anyone that had an issue. Contact me I am in the same place since 1995. I will be waiting for you Dawn & Jodi to contact me since this is the first time I have been made aware by this post. I have no records of a Dawn in Gainesville buying a Chihuahua?

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#8 Consumer Suggestion

dont worry Dawn

AUTHOR: Jodi - (U.S.A.)

i'm sure you love both your puppy's and have no doubt you got ripped off by this Robert gentil. His name is mud here in Daytona beach. The posts after your comments are more than likely Robby, so don't take anything to heart.
He adds to the scum here in Daytona beach, hopefully he will be locked up someday.

take care Dawn, and i'm sorry you got ripped off.

IF YOUR PUPPY IS HEALTHY -- BE THANKFUL FOR YOUR LITTLE FRIEND!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

THOSE LITTLE DOGS SOMETIMES HAVE SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES AND I HAVE A TOY CHIHUAHUA WHO WEIGHS 11 LBS.IT IS RATHER DIFFICULT TO KNOW HOW LARGE A CHIHUAHUA WILL BE WHEN THY GROW UP IF YOU AR NOT A VERY GOOD BREEDER.

YOU DO NOT WANT A TEACUP CHIHUAHUA. THEIR BODIES ARE JUST TOO TINY FOR THEIR INTERNAL ORGANS TO GROW PROPERLY AND I PERSONALLY HAVE NOT KNOWN OF TOO MANY SMALL DOGS WHO DID NOT LIVE TO THEIR ALLOTTED YEARS BECAUSE OF THIS.

OF COURSE, I AM NOT AN AUTHORITY ON ALL THINGS CHIHUAHUA. I USED TO BREED THEM FOR A FEW YEARS AND ONLY WHEN I HAD ENOUGH PEOPLE ON THE WAITING LIST TO GET A PUPPY AND THEN I LET THEM PICK WHAT THEY WANTED BEFORE I TOOK ANY MONEY.

i HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR PUPPY. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CUDDLE YOUR PUPPY AND NOT WORRY ABOUT HURTING IT BECAUSE IT IS TOO SMALL TO SEE OR TOO FRAGILE.!

CHIHUAHUAS ARE GREAT LITTLE DOGS AND WONDERFUL LITTLE FRIENDS

Let us also not forget

AUTHOR: Me - (U.S.A.)

That unless the dogs size is guaranteed in writing, the animal was not misrepresented as far as size goes. I don't believe it is possible to misrepresent one thing as something which does not exist? And there are certainly plenty of 11 pound chihuahua's. They come in all kinds of shapes, colors and sizes. You can always do a DNA test to see if it is all chihuahua, just make sure it is from an accurate and reputable source, as some of these are questionable as well. And chihuahua is a toy breed period. We can only guess at adult size when they are pups.

****Only cowards post to hurt a name online****

AUTHOR: Dr. Doug D.v.m. - (U.S.A.)

Please be advised young lady that there is litigation on these libel comments, ip address's will be turned over to the courts and for your sake your ip and personal info isn't valid as what you are saying is a crime. If your not a coward call him talk to him, he is a very nice and a sensible person. A licensed vet wrote on your State certificate the authenticity of your breed and from personally knowing and knowing the 828.29 Fl law a Vet cannot misrepresent a breed.

Govern yourself accordingly,