isolated

• Submitted: Mon, January 10, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By:darien Connecticut
Robele
55 Madison Ave. 55 Madison Ave, New Jersey U.S.A.

Robele Career Solutions Lonnie Lauer of Robele Career Solutions Ripoff stole 6,000 dollars from my mastercard account When I originally met with him at Robele, he took this large deposit I was told today that Robele is no longer in business 55 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: The hundreds of people Lonnie knows.....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The facts

On 12-23-2004 I had the pleasure of meeting with a Mr. Lonnie Lauer of Robele Career Solutions. After being assured of Robele's competence at marketing Senior level executives to large Corporations, I was then asked for 8,000 dollars. After meeting with Mr. Lauer I was told that he would need an imprint of my credit card. Additionally I should sign the invoice to save me the trip back to New Jersey.

In calling my bank for my account balance I found out that 6,000 dollars was withdrawn. After calling Robele I was informed that they are no longer in business effective immediately.

Being that Robele did absolutely nothing other than steal my money, I will be filing a fraud and grand larceny police report against both Robele and Lonnie Lauer tomorrow morning.

Eric
darien, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2005 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robele/55-Madison-Ave-New-Jersey-07960/Robele-Career-Solutions-Lonnie-Lauer-of-Robele-Career-Solutions-Ripoff-stole-6000-dollars-126745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robele

The hundreds of people Lonnie knows.....

AUTHOR: Kiernan - (U.S.A.)

Lonnie,

With all your business success and contacts over 3 decades, would it have hurt you to try and find people jobs?

Kiernan

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The facts

AUTHOR: Lonnie Lauer - (United States of America)

I have been a successful businessman in the state of New Jersey for over 35 years.  I have been an executive of a Fortune 50 company, and an entrepreneur.  I have dealt with thousands of clients and customers, partners and vendors, employees and colleagues.  The fact that two people out of the thousands upon thousands who know me, had a problem with me, tells you more about them than it does about me.

Here are the facts:

Ten-plus years ago, I was hired by the owner of a career marketing firm to open and manage a NJ office for them.  I did that successfully for 6 years, about 80-90 clients per year, without a single complaint from any of our clients.  One day, the owner got deathly ill, and was rushed to the hospital in intensive care, where he eventually died.  When this happened, his wife closed the business under bankruptcy protection.  I found out that evening, after the lawyers had filed, when the wife called me to tell me what happened to her husband.  She told me to take my personal things from the office and leave the key.

I went into the office the next day, and called the 45 or so clients that were in the midst of their campaigns.  I gave them all the information I had.  Practically all of them thanked me for the call, and wished me luck.  Unfortunately, two of them accused me of ripping them off, even though I tried to explain that I was as much a victim as they were.  That I was not an owner, or officer, or shareholder.  Just an employee.  I just lost my job.  I didn't get my last paycheck.  (That can be verified that by checking with the Pennsylvania bankruptcy court for February, 2005, under Robele Career Solutions.  You'll see that the company listed me as a creditor, to the tune of $5500.)

So what you read is from an angry person whose only complaint was that we went out of business.  And they blamed me for a guy getting sick and dying.  In fact, some of the other stuff that was written was pretty bizarre ---- like claiming that the owner who got sick and died, actually started up a new business ----  while he was in the hospital!

But thats the Internet.  Anybody can write anything they want, without substantiation or accountability.