• Report: #919861

• Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Fedup — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
Robert Benavidez Foundation for Educational Success
5702 Vista Bonita NE Albuqerque, New Mexico United States of America

Robert Benavidez Foundation for Educational Success Scammed in Albuqerque, New Mexico

*General Comment: Ripoff is Correct

We were beyond elated to read this complaint on ripoff report- not because we are glad you were of victim of Mr. Benavidez, but rather, to learn that we were not the only ones duped by this scam artist.

After providing Mr. Benavidez and the Foundation for Educational Success with the services that he agreed to in a signed contract, we have received excuse after excuse as to why he is unable to pay his past due balance. These excuses and lies have continued for over six months now and still no payment for the services rendered to the Foundation for Educational Success.

In our attempt to contact the Board of Directors on this matter, we were informed that we would not get very far, as the Board is comprised primarily of Mr. Benavidez's relatives.

Beyond our personal frustration for not getting paid what was promised (ranging in the thousands of dollars), it is our disgust with the lies, the fraud, and the blatant misuse of this organization's power that has pushed us to move into litigation. [continued below]....
..... Mr. Benavidez is scamming people in the name of charter schools and students across the state.

We have also contacted our local news channels to investigate this organization and put a stop to this. NM residents and businesses- PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS with or provide FUNDING to this organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Benavidez-Foundation-for-Educational-Success/Albuqerque-New-Mexico-87111/Robert-Benavidez-Foundation-for-Educational-Success-Scammed-in-Albuqerque-New-Mexico-919861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Benavidez Foundation for Educational Success

#1 General Comment

Ripoff is Correct

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States of America)

I run a legit 501(c)3 and was contacted by this person through a friend of a friend. Robert Benavidez came to me in June 2011 to help him get sponsors for a Las Vegas event supposedly being held at the MGM. It didn't take long to figure out that it wasn't a real event even though the MGM actually had space booked.

I did some research on my own and asked him for their non-profit information. He sent info for another organization. I then contacted both the Nevada and New Mexico Attorney's Generals office to report him. The NM AG actually contacted him and he said his non profit status was pending. They copied me on the "Not in good standing" report. That was the last I heard from authorities.

I did get a call from Benavidez shortly thereafter. He first proclaimed his innocence saying that it was all legit then he gave up on that argument and asked me to come work with him because I was a "real go-getter." I hope he is in prison now. It's hard enough getting donations for good causes without having creeps out there ripping people off.