• Report: #193739

• Submitted: Mon, May 29, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 07, 2006

• Reported By:Hobbs New Mexico
Robert Blackman, RobertBlackman.com
P.O. Box 722144 Norman, Oklahoma U.S.A.

*Author of original report: Robert Blackman, RobertBlackman.com Will not cancel your account. Just keeps chargering you month after month. Ripoff Norman Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: RB

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: From Robert BlackmAN

*Author of original report: I have filed a claim with my credit card.

*Consumer Comment: Contact your credit card company

Stay away from Robert Blackman and Robertblackman.com. I signed up for his lead generating program which was a huge mistake. His leads are horrible and the leads he provides are old and the people cuss at you or calling.
Robert offers a 7 day trial period. The 7 day trial is the tool Robert uses to get your credit card information. Once Robert has your credit card information, you are in trouble. I emailed Robert requesting my account be canceled within the 7 day trial period. He emailed me back requesting I fax a cancellation into him. I did that the same day.
That was on April 6th. On April 20th I was charged $104.95, I emailed Robert at least 10 times in regards to this matter. Robert never even replied to one email. I called him and left about 5 voice messages, but none of those were returned either (what a surprise). I kept calling and I did finally talk to Robert 4 times on the phone. I asked him about no replying to my emails and he said he had only received on email, the day before, Sure!! Each time I called the accounting person was not in and he would have them take care of this. Nothing every happened. Each time I called Robert assured me this matter was going to get taken care of within 24 hours. He would flat out lie to me and say someone would call me back either later on that afternoon of the next day. Needless to say, no one ever called.
After a dozen emails and several phone conversations and several voicemails I was charged again on May 20th for another $104.95. This guy is a scam artist. After this charge I emailed him again and call him. He did not answer the phone so I left a voicemail again. By this time I was fed up. I contacted me debit card bank and filed chargeback and fraudulent charges against Robert Blackman. I was able to get my money back. I had to cancel that card and get a new one so he could not continue to charge my account.

All I can say it stay away from Robert Blackman or anything he is associated with. He professes to be a millionaire, well I see how he would be. If you stole several hundred dollars from allot of people, you would be a millionaire. I have never heard from Robert since, which was not a huge surprise.

Matt
Hobbs, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2006 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Blackman-RobertBlackmancom/Norman-Oklahoma-73070/Robert-Blackman-RobertBlackmancom-Will-not-cancel-your-account-Just-keeps-chargering-yo-193739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Blackman, RobertBlackman.com

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

Wow, I am surprised to hear from Robert. Robert will ignore a dozen emails and phone calls, but he sure can reply quick when others find out about his business tactics. If Robert has been in business for "25 years" you would think he would know better. Guess Not..

The following is copied directly from Robert "Terms" section: If you wish to cancel, you MUST fax a notice to (405) 292-4808 BEFORE your anniversary date, or you will be billed again. Phone calls or emails will not cancel your membership.

That is EXACTLY what I did. I called Robert the first time and I was instructed to fax in a notice, which I did the same day. That was well BEFORE the anniversary date. And guess what? Account never canceled. Robert, why don't you be an adult and fess up to your sorry business practices and get your "accounting dept." a little more organized. I authorized the cancellation too, but I guess you didn't want to.

RB

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

This is why you NEVER NEVER NEVER give out your credit card number , social security number or ANY personal information to ANYONE or ANY business over the internet. Having said that, just burn copies of the information that you have and give it away to anyone that will take it. Once you purchase a product it's yours to do with what you want just as long as you don't profit from it. So give copies away . I have done it and will continue to so it when the opportunity presents itself. Oh, and cancel the d**n credit card! Cheers!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

From Robert BlackmAN

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Robert Blackman here. I've been in this business for 24 years. And, I'm still amazed that people don't read the terms to anything they purchase online.

If Matt would of followed the terms to the site, he would of been cancelled in a timely manner: www.MLMMastermind.com/terms

I did communicate that with Matt, but he refused to follow the terms and contends that somehow he got ripped off.

Not true.

Be an adult, Matt and follow the terms of the site YOU authorized payment on.

Sincerely,
Robert Blackman

I have filed a claim with my credit card.

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

Hello, Thank you for your suggestion. I have filed a claim with my credit card. I did get a refund for all the money Robert stole. I just wanted to spread the word so others would not have to go down this same road. Have a good one.

Contact your credit card company

AUTHOR: Lynn - (U.S.A.)

Send them copies of your emails and file a fraud claim or dispute. More often than not they will side with the customer if you have any sort of evidence whatsoever.