• Report: #52084

• Updated: Fri, July 11, 2003

• Reported By:chicago Illinois
Robert Donovan
Nationwide U.S.A.

Robert Donovan from Credit Education. Wierd 800# strikes again. Who is this guy? Rip off? Chicago Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I believe that Robert Donovan is a ficticious name

*Consumer Suggestion: If you see the phone number 800-603-8334 don't give them any information.

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't call back number: 1-800-603-8334--CALL POLICE

This # kept popping up on my caller I.D. Finally today, I answered the phone. The man said "May I speak with so and so?" I said "May I ask who's calling?" he goes "This is Robert Donovan from Credit Education."

I asked "What is Credit Education?" He says "Is this so and so?" 'what?' "is this so and so?" I go.."yeah" then "this is so and so?" "YES." click...he hangs up.

I'm thinking..what the hell? I'm an entertainer and he called on my business line. I called him back and got the busy signal. Over and over again.

I'm thinking I have a stalker or something! I was signed online already and I decided to enter the # in my search engine..AND what do you know!!!

The # is 800-603-8334. What is this guy trying to accomplish?? Anyone??? He only asked my name..nothing else.

so and so
chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2003 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Donovan/nationwide/Robert-Donovan-from-Credit-Education-Wierd-800-strikes-again-Who-is-this-guy-Rip-off-52084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Donovan

I believe that Robert Donovan is a ficticious name

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

I believe that Robert Donovan is a ficticious name, because it has been used in several other scams. HOWEVER, Credit Education Group is also many other DBA's, It is Source One Credit Solutions, currently involved in a class action, in Florida, SOME of the other DBA's and numbers are:

(There are many, many more)
CEG, Inc 888-646-8386
Pinnacle Tele 877-683-2500
Credit Enhancement
First Choice
Dynamic Credit Solutions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE FILE COMPLAINTS with the FTC, Consumer Sentinel, and PhoneBusters at 888-495-8501, as well as your local Police, if they have been harrassing you. NEVER, NEVER give out your personal information to a stranger on the phone. You have NO IDEA what they do with it!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

If you see the phone number 800-603-8334 don't give them any information.

AUTHOR: Mr. - (U.S.A.)

I started to receive calls from this number about 2 weeks ago. They called every day two times a day. Finaly, I answered the call. They claim to be with Credit Verification or something.

It's very simple to get the calls to stop. First when the ask if you applied for a credit card in the last 18 months just say no! If that doesn't work tell them you're moving and give them the non-emergency # to your local law enforcement agency.

The calls finaly stopped after two weeks!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Don't call back number: 1-800-603-8334--CALL POLICE

AUTHOR: Jacqueline - (U.S.A.)

What this man is doing is unprofessional and possibly illegal, in your State. He is not supposed to call constantly, and then hang up. This is called stalking and is in the obsene phone call category. You have to tell your phone company or at the least you should consider. Really, it's up to you.

I would recommend filing a report with your local police department for stalking, and harassement. Maybe the calls have stopped, but you still might want to block the call, and if he circles around with a different toll free number, that's just building evidence for prosecution.

The reason for why it is important you do not call that number is because, anyone can purchase this toll free number account, with special tracking features. What happens is that your call, possibly place of residence,and most definetly your place of business gets recorded and monitered. The duration of your call, plus number of calls get monitered and recorded. The toll free number account holder can then re-route and track your number to call you repeatedly.

It would be better to call the police, because this is just a little more sophisticated than Caller I.D. Who knows what an absolute stranger might be planning.

Let us know if you find anything out, any information might help someone in a similiar situation.

Thank you.