Complaint Review: Robert G. Bettman

• Submitted: Tue, March 28, 2000
  • Updated: Fri, December 01, 2006

• Reported By:CHARLOTTE MI
Robert G. Bettman
2909 E. Grand River Lansing, Michigan U.S.A.

Robert G. Bettman Poor Dental Work Lansing Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: custom fit

*Consumer Suggestion: DENTURES, THE GREAT AMERICAN RIP OFF!

I visited a dentist I was familiar with by name and discussed new dentures with him. He told me I had to pay for them up front. To which I said, "what if I am not satisfied with the work?" He said, "I will see to it that you are satisfied." I was skeptical but paid him $750.00 with a check. My Insurer paid $750.00 also. I asked that he simply make a new set of dentures like my old ones because the old ones had gotten broken and they were worn. He and his "lab man" took over and began to tell me what all was wrong with my old dentures and that I should have them made like they suggested. Bigger teeth, different shape, different color, etc. after the work, I could never wear the dentures. He kept telling me I had to get used to them, but I had two previous set of dentures and had never gone through this kind of ordeal before. I can't even keep the lower plate in my mouth. I went back to my old dentures because they are better. I asked for my money to be returned, but he insisted that he did not do refunds. He offered to do more work on the denture, but I felt that he was not going to do any better than before so I just dropped it. I wrote letters to him that I can forward to you if you wish. They will put things in a clearer perspective for you.

Anyway, I have a $1500.00 set of dentures that I can't use. I only asked that he return my $750.00. Not the insurance company's.

Chet Wright
Charlotte, N Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-G-Bettman/Lansing-Michigan-48912/Robert-G-Bettman-Poor-Dental-Work-Lansing-Michigan-1833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert G. Bettman

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

custom fit

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

This patient moved out of state and did not come into the office to have the dentures custom finished. Therefore it was impossible for my office to make any adjustments to the new dentures.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

DENTURES, THE GREAT AMERICAN RIP OFF!

AUTHOR: JULIE - ()

DWAG, DENTURE WEARERS ACTION GROUP......DENTURE
WEARERS DILEMMA! DENTISTS HAVE A MONOPOLY ON
SELLING DENTURES ONLY! GREEDY DENTISTS CHARGE 500%
TO 1000% OVER WHAT THE DENTAL LABS ARE ALLOWED
TO CHARGE! THEY LACK THE TECHNOLOGY TO DESIGN AND
CREATE WITH THEIR OWN HANDS.

THE AMERICAN DENTAL
ASSOCIATION, STATE DENTAL ORGANIZATIONS AND "OUR"
LEGISLATORS HAVE PROTECTED THAT MONOLOPY FOR TOO
LONG! DENTURE WEARERS HAVE SUFFERED AT THE HANDS
OF DENTISTRY LONG ENOUGH! DENTURE WEARERS CANNOT
AFFORD THESE PRICES, SO THEY GO WITHOUT.

IF YOU CANNOT CHEW YOUR FOOD PROPERLY, YOU'LL SUFFER FROM STOMACH AND INTESTINAL PROBLEMS THAT RESULT IN POOR NUTRITION AND CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS!

DWAG'S SOLUTION IS THE LEGALIZATION OF "DENTURISM"!

DENTURITY HAS BEEN AROUND DECADES LONGER THAN
DENTISTRY! THE PUBLIC MUST BE MADE AWARE THAT
THESE STATE LAWS THAT PROHIBIT THE PRACTICE OF
"DENTURISM" A FELONY MUST BE CHANGED TO PROTECT
THE RIGHTS OF DENTURE WEARERS!