Complaint Review: Robert Karlin

• Reported By: Angela — culver city California USA
Robert Karlin
12553 W. Venice Blvd Los Angeles, California United States of America

Robert Karlin Robert Karlin Los Angeles, California

Robert Karlin, was met with on 12-8-201. My husband and myself met with him to discuss possible burial plans for my living mother.  He faile0d to give us the required documents called:
1. A dated Consumer Guide to Funeral  Cemetery Purchases

2. dated General Price List: showing itemization

He gave us a LA Funeral package Number 1 paper instead. He talked a lot, throwing prices around. We never came to a conclusion, agreement, or contract.

On 11/1/2011, my mom died at a nursing home. This facility's nurses failed to give me, the next of kin any notification of her death. Upon iur arrival, we asked what had happened to my mother as her bed was empty. We were told she was changed to a different room . Then we were told of her death.

My husband contacted Rob to remove her body to the Mortuary. On 11/2/2011, we met with Rob who gave us numbers so high for our budget that we thought we would have to cremate mom. So we were leaning towards that choice.  However, Rob's behavior towards us changed from friendly to pushy and coercive behavior, giving us like the next day to finalize plans. He began calling our cell phones off the hook, wanting the clothes, wig, etc to be brought to him.

HE demanded to know immediately, wether or not I was going to cremate mom or not. He asked wierd questions like do you have anything in writing giving you permission by her to cremate her body?Did she tell you that is what she wanted? Without that information, I won't cremate her. He told me that the Conservator Raymond was still in control.

Rob phoned my husband and said that without a letter written by me and sent to the conservator stating I am taking control, Rob refused to cremate.

My husband and I found a mortuary that had pleasant, cooperative staff to work with us to help us to bury and funeralize my mother.

The new arrangements did not stop Robert from calling our cell phones so frequently that his calling became a harrassment to us. Rob communicated through the new mortuary that he expected us to pay $300 for him transporting my mother's body. He never revealed any such cost prior; nor did we agree to pay such cost. There is no contract.

My husband notified Rob that we had chosen another person that better suited our needs to work with us.

I believe Rob took advantage of us in my time of grief for which I am still suffering from.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2011 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Karlin/Los-Angeles-California-90066/Robert-Karlin-Robert-Karlin-Los-Angeles-California-800420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Karlin