Complaint Review: Robert Larson VW

• Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: Ben — Portland Oregon United States of America
Robert Larson VW
7633 South Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409 Internet United States of America

Robert Larson VW Broken promises & excuses for Oregon registration of new car purchase Internet

This is a horrible dealership. If you enjoy excuses, this might be the VW dealership for you. They can't call back because of an operation - they can't fulfill their promises because of family problems & they can't return phone calls because - oh, I haven't heard the reason for the that reason yet. I provided my personal cell phone # with voice mail. A little background - I found the 2013 Passat TDI SEL in Larson VW's inventory using the Internet & contacted Shawn (sales). A $32K price was agreed upon & I was told that I could leave WA for OR with everything I needed to complete the registration process in OR - my immediate business travelplans were discussed. I flew to Seattle for the sole purpose of buying the car. I met with Shawn & he acted as salesman & the temporary F&I manager  - the F&I manager left the dealership that day because of "family problems". Shawn completed the sales transaction.  On his advice, I drove directly to the Gladstone DMV in OR the same day & was told that I did not have all the paperwork to complete the registration process.  After several phone calls over the next 3 days, my WA 3 day trip permit expired & I had to purchase a OR 25 day trip permit for $30. Shawn later called me & told me he fell & broke his hip & apologised because he was being operated on - he had the F&I manager call me & he apologised that he wasn't at work due to family problems, but said he would Fed-X the license the plates to me to an address I provided in Southern California (during my business trip).  During the next 25 days, no Fed-X shipment happened.  I called & talked to the General Manager "JB" & explained what I was told & promised. He said he would look into the matter & call me back - there was no follow-up, I can't get him on the phone & he hasn't returned my numerous voice mails. I called VW America customer service, they called me back & asked me to talk Julie at Larson VW Corporate. Julie said she had already "overnighted" the documents to Salem DMV & provided a phone number for OR DMV. I called OR DMV & there was no record of the documents being received. I am now in the process of trying to contact Julie again - she was on another call & she hasn't returned my call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Larson-VW/internet/Robert-Larson-VW-Broken-promises-excuses-for-Oregon-registration-of-new-car-purchase-In-1005583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Larson VW