Complaint Review: Robert Latte Of REM Studios

• Submitted: Fri, August 07, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, August 07, 2009

• Reported By:des plaines Illinois
Robert Latte Of REM Studios
3511 West Belmont Ave. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Robert Owczarek Latte Of REM Studios where dreams become nightmares Chicago Illinois

I signed a contract which promised training for a major competition, a photo shoot and a fully paid trip to and from the convention/competition in New York City. The contract included the hotel and convention fees along with professional teachers to assist me in preparation.

When I went to my classes I spent most of my time waiting for the teacher to get there and then no one would show up so the "director" (aka Robert) of the program would coach me; that would have been okay except that he is not a teacher and spent most of the time telling me stories from his past vacations. I kept hoping things would get better.

A couple months into the contract I realized I had problem but I stayed with the program because I would be losing thousands of dollars if I broke the contract. I hoped that once we got closer to the convention date Robert would buckle down and get me the professional teaching he promised me.

Three days before the competition, Robert disappeared. He did not answer calls and he was not at the studio. The group of students thought he had perhaps gone ahead to New York to finish preparations. I tried to hope for the best thinking REM Studios was a legitimate business.

When got to the airport on Sunday most of us had tickets but some people had to buy theirs because none were waiting for them. We paid what we had to and got on the plane hoping that was the last of the problems.

We landed in New York City and found out that we had no bus waiting for us and our hotel rooms were not paid for. In fact, some of us were not even listed at the hotel. We were stranded at the airport unless we shelled out hundreds of dollars more to pay for shuttles and hotel rooms. Robert was still not answering our phone calls.

One group member called the convention head and found out that we were not registered with the convention. They had not spoken to Robert for several days.

With thousands of dollars spent I received 1 round trip ticket to New York city which would ordinarily only cost me $100 or less.

fireprincess
des plaines, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2009 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Latte-Of-REM-Studios/Chicago-Illinois-60618/Robert-Owczarek-Latte-Of-REM-Studios-where-dreams-become-nightmares-Chicago-Illinois-477339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Latte Of REM Studios