Complaint Review: Robert Ott; AKA Rob Ott

• Submitted: Tue, July 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Rosa California
Robert Ott; AKA Rob Ott
Jenner; Russian River, California U.S.A.

Robert Ott; AKA Rob Ott Beware of Rob Ott, "Grant Writer"... He simply grants himself your money! Jenner; Russian River; Sonoma County California

I asked a friend of mine for a referral fo r abusiness writer, they checked with the Russian River Chamber of Commerce who referred me to Rob Ott. I knew the company that would be able to provide the grant for my project (Intel) and after "...several hours of intense work" by Rob, he told me that there was an eminent deadline and he would work really hard, but with his auto immune disease, and his move from his rental in Occidental or some such beach town in Sonoma Co., he wasn't sure he would be able to meet the grant deadline 72 hours away - but he would "try really, really hard!" So the night before the grant was due, and despite his having prepared the grant, he called me and advised against it saying he didn't want our first rabid attempt to prejudice the company against us, and we should take our time and apply 6 mos. out, in March of '08. A very articulate, mild mannered man, he produced a flyer he had done for a Redwood Society in the Russian River to acquire funds and he seemed proud of his work. I assumed he was a good referral so when he required a 3 month contract to secure his services at a guaranteed dollar amount to him, I had no reason to question his integrity and signed it. After several meetings, collecting information I had prepared, and bringing in his friend Lesley Vudon, who he claimed had run the type of facility I was trying to create; and further claims that he had a great grant proposal for me, he demanded the money and he would deliver the grant within 24 hours. Needless to say, I kept my word, but he never did and dropped out of sight. After 4 months of no returned e-mails or phone calls, he sent me back my material saying "Since I haven't heard from you, I'm sending your information back to you." What a schmuck. So be warned - he's just a con man and has no ability or inclination to do anything but cash your check.

Vigilante justice
Santa Rosa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2008 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Ott-AKA-Rob-Ott/Jenner-Russian-River-California-95450/Robert-Ott-AKA-Rob-Ott-Beware-of-Rob-Ott-Grant-Writer-He-simply-grants-himself-your-346323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Ott; AKA Rob Ott