Complaint Review: Robert Rivera

• Submitted: Mon, March 23, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By:los ageles California
Robert Rivera
mandalafx.com , Iowa U.S.A.

Robert Rivera Robert Rivera Forex scam lost me 80,000 in 4 days !! Fairfield Iowa

*Consumer Comment: IS there a way to judge better?

*Author of original report: Robert Rivera Where are you ??

*Author of original report: UPDATE !!

Robert Rivera sold me on having him trade my forex account. I put 100,000 in Dukascopy a Swiss forex account.
I flew to Chicago to meet with him and go over his strategies. He was nice. At dinner he told me how just the prior day he closed a huge position that would have netted me a huge amount. His website is no longer there but it was mandala.com He told me how he lives in Switzerland mostly but stays with family in chicago. The Iowa address is is just a mailing address. Anyway this 'trader' got me all pumped up about his superior trading abilities and how he traded for a big company bla bla. He even did an interview for the Vic Noble group (Vic has a very legit forex course) Oh they were so impressed with his great results ! ooooo ahhhhhh Robert - you are such a great trader !!

So anyway, I fly back and no more than 4 days later he traded my 100k account into the ground losing 80,000 !!!!! He made HUGE risky trades which is a no no in forex and any BASIC trader knows never to do.He went on to tell me that he has had such a bad week and that it was unusual and how he lost a bunch of money of other clients too and felt 'so bad ' about it. Then he had the balls to say he wanted another chance at the acct and that he was trading better on demo and feeling better about trading bla bla. I said no. I was in such shock that someone would run money into the ground.
He promised he would make money back on his acct and pay it all back to me.
Robert is a scam, perhaps ponzi, criminal.
Dukasopy of course backs him and basically told me they are not responsible for any traders (true but screw their schwiss asses anyway for being associated with such scum. If there is anything I can do or whatever someone let me know. I just happened to look on this sight and see someone else has the exact experience with Robert. So whoever you are, contact me !! I want to know what we can do to stop this criminal from ripping people off.

los ageles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2009 11:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-Rivera/Iowa/Robert-Rivera-Robert-Rivera-Forex-scam-lost-me-80000-in-4-days-Fairfield-Iowa-436973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert Rivera

IS there a way to judge better?

AUTHOR: Dinkledorfer - (United States of America)

Just a thought...... Investing with someone is quite risky as you are putting your faith in someone's word. In this case, and please understand I don't know if this is viable, is there any way to make them prove their skills? I would want to watch them trade live and succeed before giving them my money. Paper figures and words can both be a lie. Actual results while you are watching "live" is a different story. Make them "PROVE" their results before investing. Then start out small. Make them perform at that level or you don't continue. If they can't or won't..... run!

Robert Rivera Where are you ??

AUTHOR: Chuck8008 - (U.S.A.)

Nothing ! I thought there was a slight chance he could make even some effort but nothing.
Anyone know a good attorney I can call to start legal on him?
Thanks !

AUTHOR: Chuck8008 - (U.S.A.)

Robert contacted me right after I posted this which is great. It turned out he did not have my (new) contact info so he was unable to stay in touch, my fault.
While I am unable to remove the report I filed due to the sites policy on removal I am confident that Robert will rectify the problem. He has re-assured me that he will stay in touch on the progress on my account and I am confident that his intentions are in the right place and sincere.
I will post the positive progress as it occurs. That's all I'm able to do at this point.