Complaint Review: Robert's Towing

• Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: Adam B — Providence Rhode Island
Robert's Towing
25 Goodenough St Brighton, Massachusetts USA

Robert's Towing Roberts Towing scam rip-off towing company tow boston advantage common sense ripoff Brighton Massachusetts

This morning (4/30/13) my car was boosted up on a tow truck by Robert's Towing.  The vehicle was parked in the rear parking lot at Tynan Elementary School in South Boston (corner of Emerson and K Street).  You can legally park there in the evening, until 7 AM in the morning.  I arrived at exactly 7 to move my car, and a tow truck had already boosted it up.  I told the driver to stop and he pulled out of the parking lot.  I told him that it was 6:59 and he said, no it's 7:02, and said I was parked illegally.  He immediately demanded a 90 dollar fee (cash only) because the car had been taken off the lot.  I told him I saw him just drive it off the lot and asked him to put the car down be sensible, since I showed up right at 7 AM.  He refused and said "rules are rules".  I didn't have $90 on me, so I asked to go to an ATM.  He said I "had two minutes".  I had to run to an ATM, run back, and then he didn't have change, so I had to beg a local bakery to help me out.  I felt I had no choice, so I gave him the money.  Looking back on it, he must have put my car up on his truck prior to 7 AM, since I showed up right on time.  I understand these tow truck drivers have to deal with angry people all day, and people who park illegally should have their cars removed, but that was not the case in this instance.  The driver was completely unreasonable and just wanted my money.  He showed a complete lack of respect, integrity, and  rationality.  I was completely taken advantage of!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2013 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roberts-Towing/Brighton-Massachusetts-02135/Roberts-Towing-Roberts-Towing-scam-rip-off-towing-company-tow-boston-advantage-common-se-1047288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert's Towing