Complaint Review: Robin Aire Heating and Cooling

• Reported By: Jardin — New Hudson Michigan United States of America
Robin Aire Heating and Cooling
28930 Wall St, Wixom, MI 48393 Wixom, Michigan United States of America

Robin Aire Heating and Cooling SERVICE CALL RIPEOFFS Wixom, Michigan

*Author of original report: If this company calls a repair.....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Cherilynn LaFleur

This company is a rip off and not nice. The people who answer the phones and sell you the services are nice but the Owner / Management style is Corporate and they do not care about anything but making money anyway they can and ripping off disabled, elederly, poor, veterans perhaps - they do not care.  Do not call them for a service call, they do not roll that $70 Service Call into any of their services like most comapies do. My story is I am disabled with a head injury and becasue they are with the BBB and another impressive Watch Dog Group - I felt safe in not asking a lot of questions. The Service person came moved one wire one inch, took less than a minute and said $70 bucks please. Then asked if we wanted a tune-up for $99 - I assumed it would be rolled in (like most companies) but he said no this would be on top of the one minute $70 job. I asked him if there was anything he could do - I could tell he felt sorry for me. However, when he called the Owner, the owner / manager said no. I called the person who set up the appointent and could tell she felt bad and said she would try to talk to the owner / manager and call me back. She never did. Do not use this company - read all the scam reports - there are many. Looks like they fumble in the installation process to offten too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2012 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robin-Aire-Heating-and-Cooling/Wixom-Michigan-48393/Robin-Aire-Heating-and-Cooling-SERVICE-CALL-RIPEOFFS-Wixom-Michigan-894746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robin Aire Heating and Cooling

If this company calls a repair.....

AUTHOR: Jardin - (United States of America)

If Robin Aire calls a repair moving one wire one inch over, took less than a minute, the company is a couple miles away (so gas use isn't an issue) if this company - Would you want this company coming to check your equipment. Read the other reveiws - there is a real horror story out of Walled Lake. You are glad you fixed my air conditioner - the repair man never looked at the air conditioner. If you do use this company ask all the right questions - also those service calls - they always seem to not have the correct tools so they have to come back - and yes there is a charge for that.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Cherilynn LaFleur

AUTHOR: Matthew - (United States of America)

Hello Cherilynn,
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in you repair. I did review and have confirmed that you spoke with Sue set up the call and she did inform that the fee would be $69.95 for the diagnostic. The $69.95 you paid is very competitive with everyone in this type of service industry. I am glad that we were able to fix your broken unit and get you cooling, sorry you dont feel the same. We have thousands of satisfied customers, but we are not for everyone. Good luck to both you and your family, have a great weekend

Matthew Winnie
Owner
Robin  Aire Heating & Cooling Inc.

From: Cherilynn [mailto: (((email redacted)))]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 1:08 PM
To: Info
Subject: Disappointed

Dear Robin Aire: I am pleased that my air conditioner is not broke and it was the thermostat wiring mistake that your very nice repairman fix in one minute for approx. $70.00 and then asked if we wanted a tune-up for approx $99. At first I was confused, the companies I called prior to yours rolled the service call into any other service needed; however, that is a question I did not ask Sue when I requested a service call. Since Robin Aire was on our list for companies to replace our whole heating and cooling system and listed on the BBB and another impressive list of companies I took for granted I was dealing with a company with compassion not just out to make money.

I was surprised and greatly disappointed that the owner / manager would not do this. The Repairman was helpful as he could be but left and was here a total of about five minutes. That is very good money for five minutes worth of service involving moving one wire over one inch. I am disabled and my husband is on his second tier of unemployment which makes this so much more sad we are trying to hire locally but every time we do something like this happens; so dont feel bad it seems universal in the South Lyon area. After spending some time questioning other contractors this morning, it became more evident how unkind it was after the Robin Aire Repairman went out of his way to call the owner / manager to ask permission to roll the service charge into the tune-up and got a flat no; it was so disheartening America is in a pickle and companies that take advantage is a huge part of the problem.

Hope you dont treat injured veterans coming home this way -  or at least explain that everything is extra charge and nothing is rolled in.

In addition, we took Robin Aire off our list of companies to give us quotes on the whole house heating and cooling system that needs replaced.

Respectfully Yours,
Cherilynn and David ****

PS        Sue and the Repairman were very professional and extremely nice.