Complaint Review: Robinson, Reagan & Young /Collection law firm

• Updated: Wed, December 28, 2011

• Reported By: Musiccityjean — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
Robinson, Reagan & Young /Collection law firm
105 Browadway #300 Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Robinson, Reagan & Young /Collection law firm These are the guys that give lawyers a bad name Nashville, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Robinson,Reagan & Young

Mistake number one, I did not check my credit report for over a year. Mistake number 2, I tried to resolve an issue that seems fairly straightforward.

I pulled my report on line in May 2011 and noticed a ding from a local collection law firm, Robinson, Reagan and Young (RR&Y), all three credit agencies noted it was from Comcast back in 2008. Well, funny thing...here I sit in my living room with Comcast on my TV. Have had the service since 2005, never been cut off, never not paid my bill. Go figure!

So, I call Comcast, who by the way were very nice. I asked the billing department to check all my addresses and see if I missed 172.00 somewhere.  I also asked them to check my SS# just to make sure....They said no, I was in good standing at each address and transfered by service without any problem each time I moved. No equipment outstanding. So, I figure easy fix right?

Not so fast....I sent certified letters to RR&Y, and each credit agency (the big three). Told them who I spoke to, informed the debt is not mine and asked for validation as the original creditor states I owe no money.  I even obtained an "internal investigation" claim number from Comcast with the name of the two billing supervisors that did the internal investigation.  Letters sent on 6/6/2011.

Two weeks later I start to receive responses from the big three credit agencies, come back as "verified". Next round of letters go out. Again, gave name and number of who I spoke to, have not received any "validation" from the law firm. Second request for "validation" of the debt to the collection agency, RR&Y. Again, no response. I can hear crickets.....

Begining of July, still within the dispute period, low and behold my credit report is changed from "upaid" to "paid". Shows date of last payment June 2011!! Well I'll be darned!

Third set of letters, stating ....still no validation of the debt, change is made without validation, change from unpaid to paid is an attempt to "re age" the account. Third round of letters, I ask they show proof it was paid in June, 2011...show me a check, debit card, who paid it. I sure did not!

So, here we are, I have been turned down for a loan, have had no response to my request for validation and no proof I paid this debt.

I have just sent out certified return receipt letters to the credit agencies included a notorized copy of my June bank statement (all account numbers blacked out), shows no payment to the collection agency or anyone in the amount of $172.00 for the month of June. Copy of all previous letters and requests for validation, copies of the certified mail receipts. I included a copy of all three credit agencies reports initially showing the account with Comcast as past due since 2008 with a balance of $172.00 then in July changed to "paid" / last payment date June 2011.

I have cc'd this to the FTC, BBB and the State of Tennessee Attorney General.

Is there anything else to do but sue?? I am currently looking for an attorney to file suit for violation of my rights by the collection agency and the credit reporting agencies. I still want the item deleted from my credit file, but now I am really p'd off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robinson-Reagan-Young-Collection-law-firm/Nashville-Tennessee-37201/Robinson-Reagan-Young-Collection-law-firm-These-are-the-guys-that-give-lawyers-a-bad-756848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robinson, Reagan & Young /Collection law firm

Robinson,Reagan & Young

AUTHOR: RRY - (United States of America)

We at Robinson, Reagan & Young would ask that the author of this complaint contact our dispute department directly to discuss this situation as we are unable to identify the account you are referring to with the limited information given in this statement. We make every effort to insure that disputes are handled in a timely manner and within the bounds of the law.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC