Complaint Review: Robyn Thompson - Sadim - Homebuyers

• Submitted: Tue, December 05, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2007

• Reported By:Springfield Massachusetts
Robyn Thompson - Sadim - Homebuyers
101 Wymore Road, Suite 210, Altamonte Springs, Florida 32104 Nationwide U.S.A.

Robyn Thompson - Sadim - Homebuyers stealing, lying, cheating, deceptive, fraud, poor information ripoff Altamonte Springs Florida

*Consumer Comment: More time than necessary spent on "other than real estate" topics

*Author of original report: RETRACTION

Stay away from this company - far far away. All Robyn Thompson and her crew are are professional thieves. I requested a refund in writing 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing back from anyone there. I went to her "Junkers to Millions" Bootcamp in November, 2006 in Bristol, CT. She conducts this mult-level marketing scam disguised as a real estate rehab boot camp a few times a year in various locations. It costs $1,995.00. Take your money and use it towards a piece of property or take a legitimate college course.

This is a 5 day event where you learn a little bit about rehabbing and alot about multi level marketing. When she is actually speaking, Robyn has no organization to her program and she is now a full time professional speaker and horse owner. On her website, Robyn holds herself out as "the nation's leading expert" on rehabbing properties after having done allegedly only 250 houses during the last ten years when real estate was appreciating every year. She hires 5-6 other people to come in and sell you their programs which range in price from non-refundable $699.00 to $3,200.00.

When she first presents this boot camp, she tells you she will teach you everything you need to know to start rehabbing and how to protect your assets. You pay months in advance. Then you show up and learn practically nothing about any of it. You simply spend your time istening to many salespeople sell you their programs on marketing, wholesaling, land trusts, asset protection, and oh yes, how to mend your screwed up life.

Her attitude toward what she refers to as her "students" is one of arrogance and "I'm so much better than you." At times, she insults people and acts as though everyone in the audience is in first grade. She spends more time telling you about her personal life and how she went from being a waitress to a millionaire by being the "Queen of Rehab" than she does about real estate. You also get the displeasure of listening to the "King of Cashflow" and the "Goddess of Marketing."

I am stil waiting for someone from the company to contact me regarding my letter of November 8, 2006 wherein I requested a refund. I do not intend to allow them to take my money as they absolutely positively do not even come close to delivering what they say they will.

Springfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2006 06:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robyn-Thompson-Sadim-Homebuyers/nationwide/Robyn-Thompson-Sadim-Homebuyers-stealing-lying-cheating-deceptive-fraud-poor-info-223808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robyn Thompson - Sadim - Homebuyers

More time than necessary spent on "other than real estate" topics

AUTHOR: Greenfield Associates - (U.S.A.)

I too, attended a Robyn Thompson bootcamp. I take away some slightly different opinions.

First of all, I take no offense towards the "supplemental gurus" because during my bootcamp these speakers were usually first thing or last thing during the day's events and I could have chosen to leave when they got up in front of the room! - I must confess I spent more money on two of the gurus.

As to the horses, the cars, the big house, the horse farm. Yes, those conversations may not have been of direct interest to the audience. (I personally did not want to hear about the horses. - I think its one of those "you had to be there" type of experiences!) These topics were there to prove a point I guess. Also, I am doing the math. I can see where doing 200+ houses would give you money - but not to live her lifestyle. There were either more houses she didn't fess up to, wholesaling, speaking engagements or other windfalls of money! It doesn't matter. I view her stories about people locking up their brakes on the interstate so she will slam her new Mercedes into the back of a dilapidated truck for insurance money reason enough not to call attention to your vast wealth by driving a black mercedes.

All in All, I came away from her bootcamp with a greater sense of self confidence for doing a rehab. During my bootcamp, we went on a bus tour of several properties at various stages of rehab. The "experts" explained what they were doing with each property. This was virtually an a all-day event ending with a property that we had to assess and prepare a repair cost sheet which was discussed the next morning. Over night, I was the expert! My answers were cast in stone on my sheet and without correction I was right for at least 10 hours! Everyone on the tour saw different priorities. The exercise tought me: 1. I want to delegate rather than getting my hands dirty! 2. Gave me the "eye" of what to look for. 3. Gave me the self confidence that my way of approaching a rehab is no less correct than someone else's way - maybe even better!

So, maybe Robyn Thompson isn't the best at formal classroom teaching. Maybe the subject of home renovation isn't tought in the classroom and Robyn is more effective than other "guru's" by knowing this, and giving us the "hand's on" experience along with the inuendo of the horses, cars and mansions!

I wish you continued success.

AUTHOR: Erin - (U.S.A.)

Consider the statement regarding this company retracted. I have received a full refund and this matter has been resolved.