Complaint Review: Rochester Gas and Electric

• Reported By: Danir17 — Rochester New York United States of America
Rochester Gas and Electric
89 east ave Internet United States of America

Rochester Gas and Electric Allows FRAUD, Internet

In 2008 service was kept on in my name, fraudulently, when I moved from the residence in Jan of 2008. When I initially called RGE I advised them that I was moving and that my soon to be ex-husband or his girlfriend would be putting service in their name. The representative at the time never advised me to cancel the service. The bill was apparently never paid. I was never contacted at all as the bills were still going to that address. In July of 2008 my husband's girlfriend apparently called in to cancel the service as they moved out to Greece.

My ex-husband then began service in his name at his new residence leaving the balance to go to collections. I then started to receive letters and calls from a collection agency and I am in the process of settling that debt. I am now moving from my parents home into a home of my own. I called to start service after over a year and was told that I had to pay a balance of over $750 to do so. That balance is not my balance and was accrued because of fraud. had I been advised to cancel the service I would have done so immediately. RGE is unwilling to work with me as I have offered to do payment arrangements and the sue my ex-husband for the balance. RGE is the only gas and electric company in the Rochester area so if I can not start service I will not have electricity for myself and 3 young daughters

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rochester-Gas-and-Electric/internet/Rochester-Gas-and-Electric-Allows-FRAUD-Internet-932394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rochester Gas and Electric