Complaint Review: Rock Auto.com

• Reported By: louis66 — Ringgold Georgia
Rock Auto.com
6418 Normandy Lane Madison, Wisconsin USA

Rock Auto.com Does not stand behind their product. Madison Wisconsin

I ordered an ac compressor and after being installed it was found to have a defective pressure switch. Rock Auto refused to satisfy the customers request. I only asked that they ship me a new one and when the old one was taken off I would send it back to them. They refused to do this. They said I could buy another one and then call them for instructions on how to return the old one or take the old one off send it back to them and then they would send me a new one or they would give me a complete refund. Option 1 and 2 would have resulted in additional mechanic fees which they were unwilling to cover.

I did find a pressure switch and they promised to reimbuse me for the cost, but I still have to pay the mechanic to pull out the freon, install the switch and reinstall the freon. This is an expense I would not have had if they had shipped a good part to begin with.

They may have cheap prices but their product quality is not as good as buying local from a reputable auto parts dealer. Most local dealers will stand behind their parts and most of them will cover mechanic fees if the part is defective and has to be replaced a second time.

I am very disappointed in teh quality of their customer care. In the past year I have purchased over a thousand dollars worth of parts from them. I just expected better service and customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rock-Autocom/Madison-Wisconsin-53719/Rock-Autocom-Does-not-stand-behind-their-product-Madison-Wisconsin-1067781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rock Auto.com