Complaint Review: Rock Creek Resort

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: Joe — Dallas Texas United States of America
Rock Creek Resort
5495 Belt Line Road, Ste 200 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Rock Creek Resort DD Resorts Fake Promotion that offers Apple Ipad Mini and Ipod Touch but never does Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: F Rating Not From Their Customers

*General Comment: Excellent Golf Clubs

*Consumer Comment: This also happened for The Retreat, Cleburne.

*Consumer Comment: Rock Creek

Rock Creek Resorts sent a flyer offering an Apple Ipad Mini and Apple IPod Touch 5th Gen if I met certain criteria and toured their property.

I responded by calling their number and they took all the details including birthdate etc of myself and my wife, and confirmed that I met their criteria to receive the gifts (Apple Ipad Mini and Ipod Touch 5th gen) if I toured their property. Then we fixed a time for me and my wife to tour their property.

Since their property was about a 2-hour's drive, and I was wary of such deals, I sent an email to them to confirm in writing that I will receive the promised gifts if I toured their property. Instead of sending me a written confirmation, they responded by asking me to call their phone number. When I did, they were cautious and mentioned they will offer a set of golf clubs (cheap stuff) as they have run out of the Apple Ipad Minis and Ipod Touch. [continued below]....
..... They said they were going to order them again, but for now all they had was the Golf clubs. So, I said, why don't you call me back when you have ordered and recieved the Apple Ipod and Ipads. To which they simply said, they may not actually order more, so it was best to cancel the appointment. And I cancelled my appointment.

I saved the trouble of driving 2 hours each way, and spending a full day there by being cautious. However, I am totally upset that I spent so much time with them and provided all my details to them, when they had no intention to make good on their offer of Apple Ipad Mini and Apple Ipod Touch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rock-Creek-Resort/Dallas-Texas-75254/Rock-Creek-Resort-DD-Resorts-Fake-Promotion-that-offers-Apple-Ipad-Mini-and-Ipod-Touch-but-978630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rock Creek Resort

F Rating Not From Their Customers

AUTHOR: Sharon444 - ()

That F rating did not come from The Retreat's customers but from people who went there to get a free iPad.  The Retreat has always offered incentives for people to go out and look at their property.  Most of the time, it's free golf clubs.  They made a mistake of offering free iPads for a brief time.  That was a mistake because it attracted people who were not at all interested in living at a golf resort but just wanted a free iPad.  When they disovered the iPad promotion was over and The Retreat had returned to offering golf clubs, they were angry.  13 people filed a complaint over not getting free iPads just for driving out there.  I have not seen complaints from any customers but just from people who wanted something free.  This not only hurts Double Diamond but all of it's real customers, those who own property at The Retreat.

#2 General Comment

Excellent Golf Clubs

AUTHOR: Sharon444 - ()

I am a property owner of The Retreat.  I notice there are several complaints about Double Diamond.  All the complaints I have seen seem to be about the free gift they give for touring their properties.  Apparently, they were offering iPads for while and stopped and gave away golf clubs instead.  I have not seen any complaints from their customers which would be property owners.  The complaints are all from people who wanted something free just for going out there.  One person said the gold clubs were cheap.  When I toured the property, I received a set of Calloway golf clubs and they are definitely not cheap.  They are excellent golf clubs and they are expensive.

This also happened for The Retreat, Cleburne.

AUTHOR: Rod Martin - ()

This is the address and same people who do this for The Retreat in cleburn texas, Double Diamond Resorts. They have a F rating with the BBB and are definitely ripoffs. They told me "other resrtictions apply" on they're brochure gave them the right to not give a ipad, but that was a lie and there is nothing in said brochure.

Rock Creek

AUTHOR: Golfing - ()

I am a member and property owner at Rock Creek. The people running the resort are some of the best people I have ever met. As a member, I am glad they are able to weed out individuals such as this. i was skeptical going in as well But there is no rip off here.