Alexander

• Updated: Tue, November 05, 2013

• Reported By: Robert C — Renton Washington
RockAuto, LLC
6418 Normandy Ln Madison, Wisconsin USA

RockAuto, LLC Rock Auto Parts bad customer service, product missing parts, won't pay return shipping Madison Wisconsin

I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch and pressure valve. Rock Auto kept ignoring my emails and a PayPal dispute I made claim of. I called Rock Auto up and explained the problem and they said the company they go through that is named GPD doesn't supply those parts with the compressor. They said I had to go buy them. I just paid $189.79 not including shipping for it and close to $20.00 shipping.

Those parts should of been installed in the a/c compressor during the rebuilding process. Rock Auto should have stated on their website those parts are not included with the compressor; but they did not. I would not have bought it knowing two parts were missing that are very important parts that must be in that a/c compressor. [continued below]....

..... I wasn't aware of the problem until it got shipped to me. That is not a complete rebuild at all to leave out two very important parts.

I asked them more than once for a prepaid RMA to ship it back; but they decided to make me pay to ship it back. That is totally wrong. I spoke to customer service at PayPal and the representative agreed what Rock Auto is doing to me is wrong. This is just plain out bad business practices and I will never buy parts from them ever again. They lost a good customer that bought 100's and 100's of dollars in automotive parts from them; but never again will I buy anything they sell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RockAuto-LLC/Madison-Wisconsin-53719/RockAuto-LLC-Rock-Auto-Parts-bad-customer-service-product-missing-parts-wont-pay-retu-1097093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RockAuto, LLC