Complaint Review: Rocket Lawyer

• Updated: Fri, July 19, 2013

• Reported By: L.M. — Plainfield Connecticut
Rocket Lawyer
55 Second Street, 7th F San Francisco, California USA

Rocket Lawyer, Rocketlawyer.com Fraudulent billing within when trial membership was already cancelled within trial timeline!  San Francisco California

*UPDATE Employee: Rocket Lawyer Support

I registered for a FREE trial membership with Rocketlawyer.com for one particular document on 7.07.13. The trial membership was for 7 days. The website directs you to downgrade to a free membership within that period of you do not wsh to continue or be billed. I cancelled my TRIAL membership on 7.11.13 Counting registration day and cancellation day, that is a total of 5 days, well within the 7 day trial period. On 7.18.13, my bank account was charged not for a basic membership of 9.99, but for a PREMIUM membership of $39.99! I proceeded to contact first my bank of the fraudulent withdrawal from my bank account, then rocketlawyer. When I attempted to log back into my account online for rocktlawyer, the website had "coincidentally" locked out my device to possibly login. I used an alternate device and my account was marked as cancelled. I attempted to "chat" with a representative of rocketlawyer through their "chat" option, but it brought me to a form whereas I had to send an email to an undisclsed email address, therefore allowing for no trace it was sent. Be smart...I screen printed EVERYTHING with the bottom calendar and time showing on my desktop screen print and also let rocket lawer know I was copying everything. My email laid these details out and demands immediate, full refund. I will return to update this report as needed. Linda Plainfield, CT

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rocket-Lawyer/San-Francisco-California-94105/Rocket-Lawyer-Rocketlawyercom-Fraudulent-billing-within-when-trial-membership-was-alread-1068400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer Support

AUTHOR: Matt Pebley - ()

Hi Linda,

I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent billing issues.

In order to assist you, I will need to locate your account that the charge occurred on. At your earliest convenience, please contact me by email or phone and I assure you that I will completely resolve your concerns and that you are issued a full refund.

Please contact me directly at 801-285-9172 or mpebley@rocketlawyer.com and I will make sure this matter is quickly resolved.

Matt Pebley