Complaint Review: Rocket Lawyer

• Submitted: Tue, April 16, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: tonydorf — Colorado Springs Colorado
Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer rocketlawyer.com They were misleading about setting up a subscription when I downloaded one very simple form. I got absolutely no value from them. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Rocket Lawyer Response

I found a simple house sale form online and signed up with rocket lawyer to download it and they charged me $40/month for three months until I found the charge on my credit card. I obviously need to pay more attention to my card statements but they provide almost no value for what they charge. A very good business model if you can work it out. They prey on the fact that most of us have very little knowledge of the law and it's special language (why can't lawyers talk like human beings?). I'm sure that legally they can show they've done nothing wrong and I do have to be more careful, but their business is clearly more interested in making money because someone forgot to cancel a service than providing something useful. So be careful, read the small print and assume they're more interested in screwing you over than helping in any way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rocket-Lawyer/internet/Rocket-Lawyer-rocketlawyercom-They-were-misleading-about-setting-up-a-subscription-when-I-1043831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer Response

AUTHOR: jwhelan - ()

Tony

My name is John Whelan and I run the customer service department at Rocket Lawyer. I'm sorry for any confusion or frustration you had while using our site. It is not our intent to force you to read fine print, as a matter of fact, we try to be upfront about our products and what we offer.

We provide a completely free document with no credit card required or a 7 day free trial of our full offering which converts to a monthly membership at the conclusion of the trial. That full offering includes a consultation with an attorney and 40% off their hourly rates, in addition to unlimited document usage.

It sounds as though you signed up for the free trial and did not intend to keep it beyond the 7 days. Please contact me or our customer service team directly so that we can assist you with a refund for the unintended charges. You can reach our customer service department 6am-6pm PT M-F at 877-881-0947. You can also contact me directly at 415-683-0426.

Thanks