Complaint Review: Rockstar Subscription Agency

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: Karen in Amherst NY — Amherst New York United States of America
Gloversville, New York United States of America

Rockstar Subscription Agency Justin Schmidt - salesperson - Magazine Sales Fraud/Scam - Gloversville, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rockstar Subscription Agency

This afternoon two young men stopped by my house and said they needed help with a "communication project."  I humored them since I had a few minutes and it quickly turned into magazine sales.  They handed me a laminated pamphlet of magazines and a typed list and even offered to send magazines overseas to the troops.  I was skeptical, but they seemed harmless so I heard them out as they excitedly spoke of this competition they were having with "the girls" and they told me whoever earned the most points earned something.  They also went on about being home-schooled and needing the socialization so they will decrease their chances of dropping out of college. The one even kept trying to high-five me.  Something was odd about them, but they seemed harmless enough.  They referenced Gloversville, NY as home.  At the end some guy drove up and they identified him as their "contest coordinator", he hopped out and joined us.  Before I sent them on their way, they asked for soda - which I thought was odd, but I went in and gave them a can.

I decided it was such an odd situation that I'd check them out online, and when I did I saw the long list of scams they've run on people and reported them to the local police department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rockstar-Subscription-Agency/Gloversville-New-York-/Rockstar-Subscription-Agency-Justin-Schmidt-salesperson-Magazine-Sales-FraudScam-Gl-887058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rockstar Subscription Agency

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rockstar Subscription Agency

AUTHOR: Star - (United States of America)

After reviewing the complaint by the customer to the company and speaking with her.. We did refund her for her $70 check and she cancelled the check in the Business account and i offered to refund the $35 cancelation fee which we did for her as well. I also offered her the subscription for free of charge because of the dispute. I also had a one on one with the independant contractor who has never gotten a complaint... He did ask me to Apologize to you as well. I believe it was just a misunderstanding and glad we did fix it.

Hope you have a great day..