Complaint Review: Rockwell Amusments

• Submitted: Sun, July 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 08, 2012

• Reported By: michelleseaport — Farihaven Massachusetts United States of America
Rockwell Amusments
P.O. Box 338 North Scituate, Rhode Island United States of America

Rockwell Amusments We are a hotel that had a carnival on our property. The first two days were fine. The third day the site manager - Dave decided to close at 5:00pm, when we had advertised and had a contract stating th North Scituate, Rhode Island

We are a hotel property. We wanted to do something special for the town, being this year was the bicentennial celebration. The carnival was booked the weekend after the 4th of July to go along with other celebrations that were taking place that weekend.

Apparently business wasn't as busy as they would have like the last day (Sunday), and they closed it down at 5:00pm. Not only did our contract state the carnival would go until 9:00pm Sunday, but I tried desperately  to get the "site manager" Dave to re-consider and stay open until the agreed upon time due to the fact that we  still had families trying to come in to the carnival.

I was told by Dave that the carnival wasn't making enough money and he was shutting it down regardless of what was going on or how I, as a manager of the property felt about it.

It was extremely unprofessional to handle things the way he did to begin with. Aside from that, this is a small town that has not even had a carnival for at least 10 years. The fact that not enough people showed up for his liking so he pulled the plug was completely unprofessional and frankly shocking to me. We were trying to do a good thing for a small town. Apparently we got the rotten luck of hiring the wrong company.

The staff was overbearing towards the guests, and there were multiple people that were incredibly rude from the beginning. I myself heard one of them say that he was 'packing up and couldn't get out of here fast enough'. How many other people were at the carnival for a good time and heard that?

I will never do business with this despicable company again. We are planning on having a carnival every year, which I told Dave - but he didn't care. Apparently going home was more important to him than doing his job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2012 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rockwell-Amusments/North-Scituate-Rhode-Island-02857/Rockwell-Amusments-We-are-a-hotel-that-had-a-carnival-on-our-property-The-first-two-days-908591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rockwell Amusments