Complaint Review: Rocky Mountain Home Theater Distributors

• Submitted: Thu, August 25, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, July 02, 2007

• Reported By:Tonasket Washington
Rocky Mountain Home Theater Distributors
7450 W. 52nd Ave., #289 Arvada, Colorado U.S.A.

Rocky Mountain Home Theater Distributors ripoff, fraud, con-artists Arvada Colorado

*Consumer Comment: White Van Speaker Scam ( Suv Speaker Scam ) all the names they use are listed here

*Consumer Comment: Not really illegal or a bad deal

I was driving in Boulder, CO, looking for a Radio Shack when two men in a white van flagged me down and said "Hey, are you interested in buying a surround sound system for cheap?"

With my interest peaked, I pulled over in the parking lot next to their van. They opened the door to reveal several boxes of stereo systems. They then proceeded to tell me how they were about to make a delivery and that they had extra systems for sale. They asked for six hundered dollars for the system I asked about. I told them that there was no way I could afford that price.

I got back into my car and was just about to drive away when the passenger in of the van jumped out and said, "my friend was being a little greedy, we can let it go for $300." I was shown a catalog with the list price for this product at around $1,300. I should have passed up the deal but they convinced me to go to the ATM, with the passenger in tow, and get out the money.

When I got home and opened the box, I realized that the system wasn't even surround sound, and was very cheaply made. I called the company (they gave me a receipt) and got no answer.

Watch out for these conartists.

Thom
Boulder, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2005 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rocky-Mountain-Home-Theater-Distributors/Arvada-Colorado-80002/Rocky-Mountain-Home-Theater-Distributors-ripoff-fraud-con-artists-Arvada-Colorado-155004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rocky Mountain Home Theater Distributors

AUTHOR: Robert M - (U.S.A.)

Just want to update , so you can get your money back from these scammers.

WORLDWIDE AUDIO
10600 W. 50th Ave. #12, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303 -940-3676

FRONTRANGE AUDIO
303-618-0975

Rocky Mtn Home Theater
Arvada, CO
303-420-8840

If you are approached by these scammers , take some pictures , get a plate number , call your local police and your local news.

White Van Speakers brands sold out of pick-ups , vans , suvs, on the streets,or parking lots of gas stations, banks, malls , etc include :

Audiofile
Dynalab
Epiphany
Genesis Media Labs
Grafdale
Digital Pro Audio, Pro Audio, Digital Audio, Digital Audio Professional Speaker Systems, Digital Audio Skyline Digital Research
Epiphany Audio
Kirsch
Matrix Audio Concepts
Millennium Theater Systems (MTS)
Omni Audio
Protecsound
Pro Dynamics
Paradyme
PSD
Theater Research

Not really illegal or a bad deal

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

I got "taken" by the same company, and while their sales tactics are definitely deceptive, they do actually sell you something that - if you paid less than $300 - is probably worth at least that. Their speakers are fairly solid (at least the MTS 6035 is) - they've got a good bass tone and high-end tweeters. Unless they self-destruct after three days, you should have nothing to complain about, other than the fact that you got deceived while trying to rip-off someone somewhere yourself ("deals" like that imply that a party will lose money in the transaction, and you have to agree to help take advantage of this person or company).

Lastly, I tried to contact the company, succeeded, and actually returned them with absolutely no hassle besides a vague allusion to a "re-stocking fee" that was waived. I believe these guys view themselves as businessmen, not scam artists, and I can't say I entirely disagree.

Just don't pay too much for them. And make sure you've got a big amp - they need a lot of juice.

tendency