Complaint Review: Rocky Mountain Restoration

• Updated: Tue, August 21, 2012

• Reported By: browley — Tempe Arizona United States of America
Rocky Mountain Restoration
P. O. Box 40606, Mesa AZ 85274 Internet United States of America

Rocky Mountain Restoration coercive and intimidating business practices Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sorry for the misunderstanding

On July 19 my water heater exploded creating water damage inside (hard wood floors) and outside the house.  The plumber recommended Rocky Mountain Restoration.  They came promptly and installed fans and dehumidifiers.  They removed the equipment on July 22.  On August 2, I received a bill with request to endorse and send the insurance check to them.  On August 3, I received an intent to put a lien on my home.

I did not even have time to pay the bill or have the insurance company to pay and they were placing a lien on the house.   Insurance has not settled on this account and they were placing a lien on the house.  Rocky Mountain Restoration had the insurance information but they did not contact the insurance company about the status of the account, they just put a lien on the property.

This is coercive and intimidating business practice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rocky-Mountain-Restoration/internet/Rocky-Mountain-Restoration-coercive-and-intimidating-business-practices-Internet-922475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rocky Mountain Restoration

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sorry for the misunderstanding

AUTHOR: Rocky Mountain Restoration - (United States of America)

While I can understand the frustration that could come from someone placing a lien on my home after work was done, without prior warning, this was not the case. According to Arizona Mechanics Lien laws, if a 20 day notice is not filed within 20 days of work starting, the contractor forfeits all future lien rights. In our industry, we perform the service then trust that the insurance company will pay the homeowner, who will later pay us.

Unfortunately, some homeowners choose to not pay us with the money they receive from the insurance company. In our experience, we haven't had to lien anyone's home and that is the absolute last course of action after trying to find a resolution. However, we have to be able to reserve those rights in the event that is a necessary course of action. I would love to talk more with you more about this and find a resolve. I can be reached at 480-969-2860 and my name is CJ Smith and I am an owner of the company.