Complaint Review: Rod Roberts Photos

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: unsatisfied customer — California United States of America
Rod Roberts Photos

Rod Roberts Photos refund scammer Internet

Unless you like being ripped off and lied to DO NOT shoot with Rod Roberts Photos

I first contacted Rod Roberts to do a photo shoot. He gave me a very discounted rate as i was referred to him. i paid him ASAP because he said that he needed me to send my money for the shoot otherwise he would be booked. which normally photographers only require the deposit No he asked me to pay my shoot in entirety i did. I asked did he have paypal he was extremely against me paying via paypal (safe) he told me i must pay him via money pak (not safe) again i did. i gave him the money pak info he told me he would call me in an hour. no Call mind you this was November 15th this all began. I never heard from Rod days then weeks went by many Many emails were sent no response i then sent an email that i wanted a full refund finally i got some response December 7th 2012. [continued below]....
..... December 15th 2012 i spoke with him on the phone and we came to an agreement that we would do the shoot. Again same thing after canceling the refund no response no answering emails everytime i tried to call EVERYTIME he says ill call you back im at church ill call you back im boarding a flight. i was only trying to confirm dates again which we never did from november 15th up until december 15th. i told him at this point i do not want to work with him. he was doing the exact same thing i told him just refund my money and how would he refund he said he would mail me a money order. then his story changed to he had to wait for a refund from southwest which i called southwest it takes 5-10 business days to get a refund. He is such a liar and bad business person. he kept telling me he wasn't making money off of my shoot and that i needed to be patient for my refund well he sure wasn't patient receiving my money. i said as fast as a sent you the money that's how fast i wanted a refund. He also kept saying he usually charged 800 for what he was giving me well i told him if he was making so much money from other shoots i don't see the problem him refunding my little money(to him). I am so disgusted by the whole situation and i am going to escalate the issue you just don't do people wrong make sure you do your research on photographers who are quick to take your money but not give dates or offer secure payment. DO not i repeat Do not shoot with Rod Roberts Photos period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rod-Roberts-Photos/internet/Rod-Roberts-Photos-refund-scammer-Internet-1009532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rod Roberts Photos