Complaint Review: Rodale-Runners World Magazine-North Shore Agency

• Submitted: Mon, May 04, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 04, 2009

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Rodale-Runners World Magazine-North Shore Agency
733 Third Ave 15th Flr New York, New York U.S.A.

Rodale-Runners World Magazine-North Shore Agency Magazine Scam New York New York

I subscribed to Runners World Magazine for 18+ years. I decided not to renew. When the renewal notices came, I threw them all in the trash.

Then, about a month after my subscription expired, I received a notice from the North Shore Collection Agency demanding that I pay $24.97 for a one years subscription. I wrote on this notice that I did not want to subscribe any more. I have not heard from them since. If I receive another notice, I will contact the State Attorney General's Office in Colorado and file a complaint.

I do not know if any of this will appear on my credit ratings with the 3 major companies.
Two other friends of mine have also had the same problem with Rodale and Runners World. One just received a bill from the North Shore Collection Agency and her subscription is still current.

Before Rodale took over this magazine, there were no problems. This is a sleazy way to do business. I assume they put all of us on auto-renewal. This should be against the law.

Anyone who subscribes to a Rodale magazine, beware!!!

Fern
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2009 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rodale-Runners-World-Magazine-North-Shore-Agency/New-York-New-York/Rodale-Runners-World-Magazine-North-Shore-Agency-Magazine-Scam-New-York-New-York-448747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rodale-Runners World Magazine-North Shore Agency